Jump to content


Ford vs. Ferrari


  • You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Lombardo

Peter Lombardo

    MCM Ohana

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Location:Morris Plains, New Jersey
  • Full Name:Peter

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:53 AM

These are two newly completed cars. The Ferrari is a 599GTB Fiorano from Revell. Painted with Tamiya Gunmetal Metallic. I mixed the interior color from Tamiya flat yellow (80%)and flesh (20%). I opened the doors, hinged them and the only other modification is I lowered the wheels by about an 1/8 of an inch to make it sit a little lower, which I think looks better.
The Mustang is a Super Stallion by Revell. Aftermarket wheels and opening doors. The biggest change is in the paint job. I created 3 different computer paint masks, one for each color, silver, light blue and megenta. I covered the entire body with clear effex to give it a heavy metallic color change.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 carro

carro

    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Location:Cleveland
  • Full Name:Radames Soto

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:00 AM

Both are amazing builds from the mods 2 the paint jobs amzing work man!

#3 ismaelg

ismaelg

    MCM Ohana

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Puerto Rico
  • Full Name:Ismael E. Gonzalez-Valentin

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:03 AM

Great job on the 599.
Any assembly problems with it? I may do one later on.

Thanks,

#4 Peter Lombardo

Peter Lombardo

    MCM Ohana

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Location:Morris Plains, New Jersey
  • Full Name:Peter

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Ismael, no not really. I kind of expected some problems but all went pretty smooth with the possible exception being the dash board. The kit uses some prongs that inter lock to hold the upper and lower sections together. In all of the dry test fittings everything fit fine. Now because I opened the doors, the dash board end pins needed to be removed. Without these pins to help secure the dash in its proper place, the dash had a huge gap when I tryed to assemble it once everything was painted. I had a few concerned moments there before I figured out that the locking pins on the dash were the problem. Once I removed them, things settled down the way there were meant to. Other then that, it worked out fine. remember, consider lowering the wheels so that it sits down a bit. I cut off the little notched pins that fit into the disc brakes with a razor saw. drilled a small hole in the middle of the pin. Then drilled a small hole 1/8 of an inch above the original position. Super glued a piece of wire into the hole and glued the pin onto it. Just as strong as the original piece, but now lower. Just remember to align the notch on the pin in the correct direction so that the disc brake will be in the correct position.

#5 Mike

Mike

    MCM Ohana

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Location:Grand Forks, ND

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

That is one wild paint job! Great work on both.

#6 kelson

kelson

    MCM Ohana

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Location:Kamloops B.C. Canada
  • Full Name:curtis boxill

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

excellent job on both! B) B) luv the rims on the stang!