Ladies, Gentlemen, you have been selected because you have the necessary skills. You are here because you have the determination to succeed. Now, it won't be as easy as last year. There are some who will use any means to try and stop us. Some of you won't make it. For those of you who do, there'll be no glory, no headlines. But... just a few magic hours flat out against the red line, with no catalytic converter and no 55 mile-an-hour speed limit.
Ladies and gentlemen... The MCM Gumball Rally has begun!
Um, for those of you who never done this before, I think I better go over the rules. Um, first thing to remember is there are no rules. (Refer to the rules below, please)
The first vehicle to reach the parking lot of the Queen Mary in Long Beach is the winner, the unofficial winner, as this is an unofficial race. And, uh, so it follows that none of us are in this race. We don't want any civilian involvement. No accidents, please. Remember, it's 2,900 miles. That, 34 hours and 11 minutes, is the record.
Now I know we all oughta get some rest tonight, but, uh, may I? I'd like to propose a toast... to internal combustion and wind in the face.
Start: December 31th 2011, 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
End: December 31st 2012, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
1. First photo must show starting point (re-builders, fresh kits and barely started kits only please)
2. All cars must be street legal appearing. (So no racing numbers, or Huge sponsors, sponsor decals are welcomed though, just don’t get crazy with them)
3. All participants must PM me their entry. (Year, Make, Model)
4. We are trying to keep the playing field even, so only vehicles from ’50-’85 are going to be allowed entry (this time)
· If your going to be Gumball Ready you may want some extra lighting for those long stretches in the pitch black.
· You may also want to know about roadblocks, lane closers, and the occasional Smokey Report, so you may want a CB or Scanner.
Remember, “It's not a risk... it's a challenge.”
1. hvymtl- 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
2. Nick Winter- 1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM
3. Haubenschild- ?
4. W-409- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
5. 1zebra3- ?
6. timc- 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 1966 AC Shelby Cobra 427
7. martinfan5- ?
8. Swifster- ?
9. Mr. Moparman- 1974 Dodge Charger
10. TonyT- 1977 Ford Mustang II
11. wgflatliner- 1970 Dodge Super Bee
12. Patami- 1965 Ford Mustang
13. VWDave- 1970 1/2 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
14. Car Crazy 81- 1970 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
15. jcbigpaw- ?
16. slantasaurus- 1984 Dodge Shelby Daytona
17. Wagonmaster- 1969 Plymouth GTX
18. CorvairJim- ? Chevrolet Corvair
19. Dingo5162- 1969 Ford Falcon XT GT
20. ChevyCoupe41- '69 AMC Rambler American
21. remingtonbox- '61 Ford Ranchero
22. email@example.com- '69 Mustang Mach 1
23. FatManScaleDesigns- Ford Courier
Edited by Nick Winter, 28 July 2012 - 11:40 AM.