#301 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

I've been wondering about this one too. Plenty of NASCAR versions out there...I want my street! :P 

#302 kevin

kevin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Full Name:kevin lutz

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

the last mold has been made, the dash mold does not seem to work for me yet & still  no decals

thanks
Kevin

#303 JS23U

JS23U

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Full Name:Jens Kriete

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Just read through these 16 pages (!!). What a wonderful project and exciting news.

I thought about such a project on my own for years and always couldn't decide with which body to start. As both the MPC and AMT have a lot of issues. Swapping the JoHan greenhouse would have been a much too big task for me so I am veeeery happy someone does it for me! ;)

Can't wait till they are available.

Suggestion for a future project:

71/72 GM full size two door Sport Coupe, Buick and Chevy preferred for me. Not the "Custom" formal type roof like the 71-73 Impala/Caprice kits from MPC.

Edited by JS23U, 21 February 2013 - 01:47 AM.

#304 fyreline

fyreline

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Full Name:David Reeves

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

OK, I'm another one who has read through this entire topic with great anticipation. My first new car was a 1973 Laguna . . . and I would certainly buy a few of these when they are available. Can't wait to see the finished product. Incidentally, mine had the bench seat so having that option would be nice . . . but not critical. Please keep us posted as to how and when to order, and THANK YOU to you and everyone who has contributed to make this model a reality. Outstanding work.

#305 Rob McKee

Rob McKee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Full Name:Rob McKee

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'd also like to thank everyone who has been involved in creating this kit. I just can't wait to build a few of them. My first car was a 73 Chevelle that was a butternut yellow when I got it. I then had it painted metallic blue and finally firemist burgandy. I would love to do one of each.

#306 scaleautobuilder

scaleautobuilder

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Any new updates on this?  I want 2 of them asap........

#307 kevin

kevin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

the dashboard issue has been fixed,,decals need to be made & the window buck needs to be polished

#308 spkgibson

spkgibson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

the dashboard issue has been fixed,,decals need to be made & the window buck needs to be polished

Nice...Just PM me when they're ready.

#309 pa3de8

pa3de8

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Banzaca

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Good Morning,

I remember this car fondly because it was the second car I owned. Was '73 Laguna with round tail lights.

#310 Drake69

Drake69

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Full Name:Allen Manley

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

My family had a Laguna as well. Patiently waiting on this one...

#311 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,676 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'm thinking if I should buy this '73 Chevelle too, not sure yet though. The '79-'81 Chevy Malibu would interest me too, so I'm thinking which one I should buy... Well when the '74 comes out, then I got to get few of them!

A question: How will these be available? I mean that once they got sold out at some point (I guess they will do), will there be more or is it just one run?

#312 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I'd have to throw my hat in the ring on this one. My first car was a 73 Chevelle and I just loved it.

1983 My first car was a $400 '73 Chevelle and I hated it! Sucked gas like a truck, nothing on the dash worked but headlights, primered body work, paint like chalk, Keystone mags, leaked everything including through windows, entire interior was warped & rotted, including the headliner. But then, there was every evidence that it had been submerged (dried mud under the rear package deck?). How could you not be sentimental of a car like that? 

Yeah, I'd up for preserving that memory in 1/25.

#313 cooltoys1

cooltoys1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Full Name:Jay Ignatjew

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

I hope we are close!!!  Im chompin at the bit for 3 of these!!!!!!!   Please PM me when your ready to take my cash.

#314 Rob McKee

Rob McKee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Full Name:Rob McKee

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

1983 My first car was a $400 '73 Chevelle and I hated it! Sucked gas like a truck, nothing on the dash worked but headlights, primered body work, paint like chalk, Keystone mags, leaked everything including through windows, entire interior was warped & rotted, including the headliner. But then, there was every evidence that it had been submerged (dried mud under the rear package deck?). How could you not be sentimental of a car like that? 

Wow, I could only laugh when I read this. I guess there is always a lemon in every line. Mine sure wasn't perfect either but I was in love with it. I didn't have the problems you have mentioned Mike.

I would say it is worth while recreating the beast in 1/25 scale.

#315 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

So you paid 400$ for a car that was 10 years old, probably had past 100000 miles with mud UNDER the package shelf, no less. Yep, all those Chevelles were definitely POS. ;)

#316 kevin

kevin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

well the windows are being vacu formed now!....onto to decals...starting tomorrow!

#317 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Will Jeffers be bringin one to tha meetin??????

#318 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Plenty updates Kevin, why no pictures?

#319 kevin

kevin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

i havent even thought about pictures since they arent complete, nor do i have any ready for the meeting, besides Tom get his copies first, he made the master...but i assure you they will be as pretty as any missing link kits

#320 dh1908

dh1908

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Full Name:David Hinton

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I keep checking the Missing Link site, but they aren't there yet.

I really hope you go through this posting to locate those that were interested in this kit before you make it available on-line.

I've been following this post to see if it is ready to go yet?

I have wanted a stock version of this kit since the Stock-car version was issued!!

Message me when they are available!!!