Posted Image

#22 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,251 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

I am not interested in the mud splattered, weathered look that many of you folks like to do. I don't like the beaten up, worn out look...it just doesn't do anything for me.
My builds are glossy and shiny!

Yeah, mrmike. I'm with you. SHINY :) :) :) RULES!

#23 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Full Name:Michael R. Siesicki

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Yeah, mrmike. I'm with you. SHINY :) :) :) RULES!

Exactly!

#24 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Mike, I back you on the wheels. I have several of these kits and only one has the stock rims/rubber. The rest are aftermarket units and I like it that way. Soldier on with YOUR build. If others don't like the rims you chose, let them build their own version and stop grousing about your build.

#25 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

A100's look great with spokes!

Posted Image

#26 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,655 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

It's your model. Build it your way, Mike! No further explanations required! B)

#27 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

I like following your builds Mike - usually a no nonsense affair and clean construction.

I have looked at and left the LWR kit a few times - your build may convince me to finally buy another one.

#28 scale trucker

scale trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Full Name:gordon berry

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

mike cant wait to see what you do with this thing..oh yeah viper suspension and v10 would be cool....

Edited by scale trucker, 01 January 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#29 Tonioseven

Tonioseven

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Full Name:Antonio Holmes

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Mike, I back you on the wheels. I have several of these kits and only one has the stock rims/rubber. The rest are aftermarket units and I like it that way. Soldier on with YOUR build. If others don't like the rims you chose, let them build their own version and stop grousing about your build.

B) B) B) Do it the way YOU want to see it done!!

#30 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

I plan on building mine like Stupski's A-tona as well but have 19/23 Hellas coming for it.

#31 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

Any new progress?

#32 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

Sorry...no progress since I am very busy at work for 12-15 hours days. If there was any progress made, I would have posted it. As I have previously stated, this will be a slow build and done the way I want it...custom wheels and all!

#33 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Love the wheels, Can't wait to see where it's going.

#34 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Stiles

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

Mike.....First I think you should do a and put a and even maybe some and for the rest of it I think you should do it with a and then some but only if you use that type when used with a larger but smaller version of the one that didn't come with it on the other kind that would work well with it to make it an awesome model..........................or ya could just do it your way ;)

#35 Gluhead

Gluhead

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Full Name:It really is Gluhead

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Haha Mike, reading that caused the destruction of a large amount of brain cells. :D

#36 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hey Mike,
I wasn't trying to be pushy or influence YOUR choice of wheels. Just anxious to see this thru as I am attempting the same build & I assume you are more talented than I, as I have only completed only 1 model in over 30 years. I didn't mean to offend anyone. If I did,.I apologize. PLEASE keep this going!!!!!

#37 Hiusken33

Hiusken33

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Full Name:Kenny Hiusser

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

The upcoming Classic Plastic Model Club show in September, 2012 will once again have a Club Challenge. This time it will be pickup trucks...built anyway you want. I threw my hat into the ring with a 1950 Ford F1, but I changed my mind after a few days after seeing a Dodge A100 factory stock build elsewhere. I was influenced to try my hand at an A100. This kit has been in my stash for a while and I have been needing an opportunity to built it. This will be a slow build since this is for the Club Challenge and I want to get this one right, especially after hearing stories about the door hinges. I have a Overhaulin' look in mind.
Posted Image
I have a set of Pegasus Chrome T's for this build. Let's see if I can get them to fit.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am undecided on the color right now. I'm thinking of copper, metallic brown, fiery orange...or maybe Hemi Orange! We shall see...

More to come...

Hemmi Orange

#38 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Mike.....First I think you should do a and put a and even maybe some and for the rest of it I think you should do it with a and then some but only if you use that type when used with a larger but smaller version of the one that didn't come with it on the other kind that would work well with it to make it an awesome model..........................or ya could just do it your way ;)

This is too funny! :lol:

Hey Mike,
I wasn't trying to be pushy or influence YOUR choice of wheels. Just anxious to see this thru as I am attempting the same build & I assume you are more talented than I, as I have only completed only 1 model in over 30 years. I didn't mean to offend anyone. If I did,.I apologize. PLEASE keep this going!!!!!

Bart, you didn't offend me. I personally think that posting "Any progress yet?" type of replies is kind of rude. But, somehow I didn't get that from your posting. As I have stated in my opening post, this will be a slow build as I have 9 months to complete it for the Classic Plastic Model Club show in September. If you were hoping for something of a quicker build, then you will be disappointed. This build will not stop, it's just going to take a while to do. I hope you are patient...

#39 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

WAY cool Mike,
I'm brand new to this, my 1st,
forum & still feeling my way around so to speak. Learning my manners. I will be excitedly patient with your progress. Thanx for your understanding.
Bart

#40 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

Bart, to there are those who don't care if you have manners or not, I consider it to be polite to others.

I have decided on a color for my A100...Testors One Coat Fiery Orange. I know that I have had issues with this paint in the past on my '32 Ford Sedan Street Rod. Maybe I can do a better job with it this time around.
Posted Image
I had started cleaning up the body of mold lines and flash when I decided to do a mock up and to see if the wheels and tires would fit within the wheelwells. That is a definite YES!
Posted Image
These wheels are gonna look great!
Posted Image

More to come...