#1 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Full Name:TJ Bender

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

So here we got a 51 Chevy 4100 Tow truck I did and a Dealership that is abandoned that inspired me to redesign my shop. It was abandoned about 20 years ago which is a shame because it is so beautiful and I could not imagine how it looked with all it's neon lit up. It is so delapitated that it would take someone with a butt load of money to restore or rebuild it for another purpose. Wouldn't mind the signage though. :) My version is circa 1957, It is still a WIP. I would imagine all the glass blocks in the showroom were backlit.

Attached Files

Edited by ARTEMIS1759, 08 February 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#2 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

More......I am not sure what fuel was sold but (correct me if I am wrong) it sure looks like it had a station built into the corner as a few dealerships did back in the day.

Attached Files

Edited by ARTEMIS1759, 08 February 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#3 GTMust

GTMust

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Durham

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

So here we got a 51 Chevy 4100 Tow truck I did and a Dealership that is abandoned that inspired me to redesign my shop. It was abandoned about 20 years ago which is a shame because it is so beautiful and I could not imagine how it looked with all it's neon lit up. It is so delapitated that it would take someone with a butt load of money to restore or rebuild it for another purpose. Wouldn't mind the signage though. :) My version is circa 1957, It is still a WIP. I would imagine all the glass blocks in the showroom were backlit.

Is this a project your working on.... or just a computer design excercise? It would certainly make a great (but huge) diarama. I would love to see it being built.

I'm a little confused about your intention. Maybe I'm just missing something?

Tony

#4 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

Oh I don't have money or time at the moment but yes I plan to build a dio of my shop to use for models and then use it as a representation for my 1:1 when I build it and now it looks like I will be building a dealership too. I mess around with google sketchup which is a free CAD program. It is good for me because I have a million ideas running around my head. To date I have done a different version of my shop, numerous cars and trucks, my dream log cabin and the Palace Amusements amusement park in Jersey. As I have said in other posts this program would be great for all you dio builders out there. Because everything can be made to scale.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759, 09 February 2012 - 05:27 AM.