'70 Ford Torino E/Stock Eliminator
Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:28 AM
Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:18 PM
I scratchbuilt Electric Water Pump, which is made from square styrene tubing and little piece of round styrene tubing. I'm pretty happy about the result. Well, could be better of course but good enough for me.
Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:55 AM
Tomorrow I'm planning to move on Interior details, this is just a Mock Up.
Little Chassis work too:
Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:33 AM
Also glued the Door panels, which have decals and details painted now, also panel lines are black, but they didn't turn out as good as I wanted. Dashboard decals are on too, and Door Panels & Dashboard are glued on their place. I have to add Tachometer, and Switch Panel yet.
Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:49 AM
Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:12 AM
I started building the throttle linkage for that carburetor. I made some parts from sheet aluminium and somekind of metal wire. I don't know if I have to redo it, let's see when I try to add more parts for that one. I also moved the hole for fuel line to right place. I will covered the old one with styrene tubing, I have to cover it with BMF later, so it will be same shade as the whole carburetor is.
Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:45 PM
Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:50 PM
I got the throttle linkage almost done. Little cleaning and other minimal things need to be done, but otherwise it's pretty much there. It looks better than I thought, so I guess it will stay there too. Now I'm going to move to the other side of that carburetor, to work with the fuel line.
I also installed the tachometer. It's found from my parts box, and I scratchbuilt the shift light from plastic tubing. I wired it just like 1:1 tachometer is wired, just need to add the cauge decal for it and call it done. Interior needs some touchups and little details before it's done.
Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:25 AM
Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:12 PM
Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:07 AM
Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:29 AM
Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:09 PM
For the interior flocking, that's excellent question. I don't know why I didn't use it. It really gives nice finished touch, but don't know why I skipped it with this one. Well, I guess next time I will use the flocking for interior, especially when door panels are seperate pieces.
No progress yet, sorry about that. I've been building the Pro Stock Cuda now, but I'm getting back to this one too. I have to find cauge decal for tachometer. I know I have those somewhere, but where they are, is very good question.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:41 AM
Sorry it has been a while since the latest update... I've been working hard with the '57 Chrysler at Cannonball Rally CBP, but it must be done tomorrow, so I'm finally moving my attention back to this one. Another slowing thing that has been on my way last two days, is that it has been snowing pretty hard outside, and I've been playing with an 1:1 scale toy. Very fun to go sideways with it.
Anyway, I was able to put some more bondo to the chassis, sand it smooth, spray another coat of primer and then it looked smooth enough to be covered with paint! Since this is a Stocker, I could paint it black, but I wanted to paint it just like factory did, so the owner has painted Red Oxide primer and body colored overspray for the chassis. This is where I am at now:
Sorry the paint is still wet in the picture.