#21 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'd like to see how that stuff would do on decade-old Testors flat black.

#22 Blue Magic Paint Stripper

Blue Magic Paint Stripper

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Full Name:David Hartjes

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

Just wanted to update this thread by saying the price has been lowered. Also the shipping costs are lower as well. Some guys split a gallon with a friend who is local and save on shipping. Take care.

#23 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,225 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

How well does it work on Testor's Flat Black paint, David? That seems to be the ultimate test for any paint stripper.

#24 Blue Magic Paint Stripper

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

My experience has been fantastic on Testor's paints. Keep in mind I can never guarantee results due to all the combinations of paints and plastics. I have yet to have anybody actually use Blue Magic that didn't like it or ask for a refund. It is not a one time use product but its effectiveness will fade with use, just like anything else. I always welcome feedback so that we can all get better.

Here's the website: www.bluemagicpaintstripper.com feel free to call or email.

#25 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

I'll stick with my four dollars a half-gallon stuff. :P  

Edited by plowboy, 03 February 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#26 Blue Magic Paint Stripper

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

I always say stick with what works, I know I do. I would be interested to know when my stripper doesn't work. I think there should be a guide that includes what damages different plastics. The 20 page thread on here about stripping is extremely valuable. What's interesting is how some swear by something and others hate it.

#27 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

What's interesting is how some swear by something and others hate it.

True, opinions vary. People figure out what works for them. I have had good results from purple degreasers on EVERY paint type. Because I know how. And it's very inexpensive.

#28 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

Will Blue Magic work on AMT pre painted or flat black lacquer? I would buy a quart if it worked on those paints.

#29 Blue Magic Paint Stripper

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Sorry for the delay. I have not tried to strip a pre-paint. As far as lacquer it depends. If it's over a primer most likely. If its directly on the plastic and its "hot" then it bit in and nothing will strip it. However I have done some. I would try it fresh out of the bottle and see. It just depends on the brand and plastic. I would like others in put on what combos strip since I can't test every combo. Although I myself would say a list like that could never be 100% accurate.

#30 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Sorry for the delay. I have not tried to strip a pre-paint. As far as lacquer it depends. If it's over a primer most likely. If its directly on the plastic and its "hot" then it bit in and nothing will strip it. However I have done some. I would try it fresh out of the bottle and see. It just depends on the brand and plastic. I would like others in put on what combos strip since I can't test every combo. Although I myself would say a list like that could never be 100% accurate.

Is there any way you could try an AMT pre paint in the Blue Magic and let us know if it in fact works on it? I have an AMT Phantom Vickie body that I would gladly donate to you to do a test on. I'll even throw in something painted with flat black lacquer. All you'll have to do is provide the Blue Magic and a couple of before and after photos. 

#31 Blue Magic Paint Stripper

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

I think I have a Vicki to test on. Let me look for it. As far as the lacquer it can do it. But it depends on if it is directly sprayed on plastic and reacts in a way that it eats into the plastic. If you tried it in Blue Magic and it didn't strip it I doubt anything else would. I (and my family) have tried every combination of stuff we come across and always go back to Blue Magic.

#32 Blue Magic Paint Stripper

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

On my website and my auctions I have a disclaimer saying I don't guarantee results. Theres 60 plus years of different plastics and thousands of paints out there, too many to test. I do know that I have many repeat customers over many years.

#33 Blue Magic Paint Stripper

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

Sorry for the delay plowboy. I found if I had fresh Blue Magic and warmed it up in the microwave a little to warm it helped in the Vicki. Did not 100% take it off but helped a lot. Do not heat so hot as to hurt plastic but enough to feel warm to the touch.