#21 farmer1

farmer1

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Full Name:Randy McCann

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

WoW looks fantastic ! so glad to see the 1 piece sides and roof too. can't hardly wait.!!

#22 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Trailer looks great, Can't wait to get a couple.

#23 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Looks really nice. Looks like there is some nice detail relief on the front bulk head and rear door panel. It looks like the trailer glad hand mounting plate is recessed. No doubt you will have the proper decals for the Thermo King SB unit. It's good that you don't include molded - in wire and hose details so you can leave it up to the modeler to add the real thing for maximum authenticity! I'm not concerned about the plating since I will strip what's on the kit off any way. Kit plating is always to thick and obscures the fine molded detail. Air brushed Alclad or Bare Metal Foil will achieve the thinness most realistic plating possible. Besides, those rear door latches and hinges need to be painted and highlighted anyway.

It would be nice if Micro Scale would start offering some actually and accurate trucking company decals in 1/25th scale for this kit.

Edited by chuckyr, 26 February 2012 - 02:59 AM.

#24 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,235 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

AWESOME!!!!

Thanks, Dave & the entire Moebius Gang.

B)

#25 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

As to decals, well, just thinking out loud here, but what about something like Ryder? That way it could be a leased trailer & it can be displayed with any tractor. I see a lot of Ryder trailers on the road.

#26 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

Looks great! Dave, you really take the pulse of this hobby, this is even better than I expected, chromed front end and doors, 1 piece panels. It's perfect. Thanks a bunch!

#27 kwtrucker

kwtrucker

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Full Name:Doug G.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Dave,
The Great Dane reefer looks awesome, I'm looking forward to this kit. Thanks for the update.

Doug

#28 cowboysevens

cowboysevens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Full Name:dennis gregory

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

AWESOME!!!!

Thanks, Dave & the entire Moebius Gang.

B)

X-2!!! And how !!!

#29 baloney

baloney

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Full Name:Greg

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

can it be build also without the reefer???
will it have optional wheels; spokes, 2 hole budds??
will it have decals on the mud flaps or it's allready engraved in them--the great dane logo--
thanks!

Edited by baloney, 26 February 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#30 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Oh man, wait till you guys see the suspension!!!!!!!!!! This will be the first time an accurate, detailed trailer air ride has been made for an American trailer kit! It just keeps getting better!!!!!!!

#31 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Here are some shots of the bottom of the Great Dane.
The mudflaps have the great Dane logos as raised detail
It will be possible to build the trailer without the Reefer unit and fuel tank

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks,
Dave

#32 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

is it cheaper to buy em by the case?....if so i want a case of the trailers....it wouldnt hurt to have a lonestar and a prostar as well! :D

WHATS THE MSRP?

#33 cowboysevens

cowboysevens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

In the words of emerald "BAM!!!" That's the cats meow right there !!!

#34 cowboysevens

cowboysevens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

is it cheaper to buy em by the case?....if so i want a case of the trailers....it wouldnt hurt to have a lonestar and a prostar as well! :D

WHATS THE MSRP?

I think I seen em for $43 on hobby link or tower, and I think the prostar was fifty somethin

#35 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

cool cool!

#36 scale trucker

scale trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Full Name:gordon berry

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

o -boy looks like the new vantrax suspenssion.the things you can do with that../;'['12 please and thanks...

#37 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Ahhh man! This is beautiful work, love that suspension detail, this is going to be sooooo easy to cut up and spread or add another axle(or 2)!

#38 Semi Trailer Mechanic

Semi Trailer Mechanic

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Here are some shots of the bottom of the Great Dane.
The mudflaps have the great Dane logos as raised detail
It will be possible to build the trailer without the Reefer unit and fuel tank

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks,
Dave

I'm impressed w/ the suspension. Only one detail you left out! At the rear of the suspension there are the two pedelstools. This is an option called a Sure Lock Dock System added to trailers that automatically dump the air ride when the parking brakes are set. On there is a smaller air chamber I believe it's a type 15 air chamber 15 sq. in. plunium inside the chamber. That is connected to a piece of flat stock welded to the bar those pedelstools are attched to via a clevis and a seperate spring hooks into that flat stock link age to the mount that chamber is bolted to. And that mount bolts to the slider frame. Basically the same as a brake chamber does to a slack adjuster. That chamber has a single air line that's plumbed into the leveling valve. When there is supply air present in the leveling valve it actuates that chamber kicking those pedelstools towards the rear of the trailer when the air ride is inflated. When a driver sets the brakes on his/her trailer on some trailers the air ride will deflate when the brakes are set. When this happens that chamber looses air pressure and a spring inside that chamber no longer held back by air pressure will engage those pedestools and they rest on the ends of the air ride trailing arms. This allows the trailer to remain at ride height otherwise when the trailer's in a door (dock) the floor of the trailer won't be level w/ the dock.

If you can't correct this no big deal. Some Evergreen Scale angle, flat stock, c-channel, and a few bits and pieces from the parts box can take care of it.

#39 Semi Trailer Mechanic

Semi Trailer Mechanic

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Oh man, wait till you guys see the suspension!!!!!!!!!! This will be the first time an accurate, detailed trailer air ride has been made for an American trailer kit! It just keeps getting better!!!!!!!

This is the air ride the kits' suspension is based off of. I took these pics when I replaced an air ride bogie at work for reference to scratch build one. THANK YOU MOEBIUS FOR SPARING ME THE HEADACHE OF HAVING TO DO SO!!!

Edited by Semi Trailer Mechanic, 26 February 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#40 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm impressed w/ the suspension. Only one detail you left out! At the rear of the suspension there are the two pedelstools. This is an option called a Sure Lock Dock System added to trailers that automatically dump the air ride when the parking brakes are set. On there is a smaller air chamber I believe it's a type 15 air chamber 15 sq. in. plunium inside the chamber. That is connected to a piece of flat stock welded to the bar those pedelstools are attched to via a clevis and a seperate spring hooks into that flat stock link age to the mount that chamber is bolted to. And that mount bolts to the slider frame. Basically the same as a brake chamber does to a slack adjuster. That chamber has a single air line that's plumbed into the leveling valve. When there is supply air present in the leveling valve it actuates that chamber kicking those pedelstools towards the rear of the trailer when the air ride is inflated. When a driver sets the brakes on his/her trailer on some trailers the air ride will deflate when the brakes are set. When this happens that chamber looses air pressure and a spring inside that chamber no longer held back by air pressure will engage those pedestools and they rest on the ends of the air ride trailing arms. This allows the trailer to remain at ride height otherwise when the trailer's in a door (dock) the floor of the trailer won't be level w/ the dock.

If you can't correct this no big deal. Some Evergreen Scale angle, flat stock, c-channel, and a few bits and pieces from the parts box can take care of it.

I see the support arms you mentioned, Scott. I was wondering what those were! Never seen that before. The suspension in the pics you posted is exactly the same as Clint Freeman's standard height trailer air ride.
What pieces are missing from the system? I'm sure it would be simple to make a little resin "kit" to finish it.