What's the story behind your user name/avatar?

• You cannot reply to this topic
281 replies to this topic

#241 Pete J.

Pete J.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Full Name:Pete Johnson

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

My nickname came straight out of the way back machine(re Pebody and Sherman).  I started using it when I first got on the internet when I was 50 years old.  Figured pappy50 would be easy to rememeber.  The avitar is a differant story all togeather.  Several years ago I had the shear pleasure of visiting Lee Holman at Holman & Moody's work shop.  They were the primary race prepairers for the original GT40 mark 2's not to mention the unoffical stock car arm of Ford. They still own all the original blueprints for the Mark 2s and are now making continuation cars.  That is a photo of me sitting in Lee Holman's personal Mark 2.  You ain't lived until you have heard that lovely 427 fire off! The only other power plant that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up as much, is a Rolls-Royce Merlin.

#242 cartpix

cartpix

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Davidson

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

When I first got into motorsport photography, my "beat" was CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams), which became ChampCar, which became extinct. Since I shot CART, I used cartpix as a username on the motorsport forums. My avatar is me, at Laguna Seca (turn 4 in the background), at an ALMS race a few years ago. There is another fence to my right. They don't let me, nor would I want to be on teh track side of the fence. The photo holes are dangerous enough for me.

#243 Tonioseven

Tonioseven

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Full Name:Antonio Holmes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Username: License plate on my favorite car from Need For Speed: High Stakes on the PS1; the "seven" came from out of the blue. It stuck.

Avatar: A Tribe Called Quest; one of my favorite hip-hop groups.

#244 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

My User name is from NASCAR... Back in the day I was a HUGE Bill Elliott Fan... Over the years Bill drove the #9 car then her drove the 94 car... then went back to the #9... hence the Elliot949... His name is spelled with two "T's"... My Email address is the same as my user ID on here... When I first created the Elliot949 I had is spelled Elliott949 then I had a problem with my Email address and had to redo the name and it would not let me do it with the two "T's" again... I have had this email address for about 22 years on both Yahoo and AOL...

My Avatar is a pic of my dream car... I am in the process of trying to find a 1:1 61 chevy Biscayne or Belaire 2-dr Sedan right now... When I do find one I can tell you my time onhere will be limited until that project would be completed...

#245 2000-cvpi

2000-cvpi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Full Name:Corey Sarenius

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I've had this user name since early 2001, I have used it on every forum that I have ever belonged to. I bought my first newer car, a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor from the Kent County Sheriffs Department in the spring of 2001. The car was just over 11 months old at the time.and had 68,000 miles. It was just like new, except the mileage was high for the year. It was a slick top road patrol car. I kept it for six years and never had any problems. I didn't have a digital camera back then, so all the pictures that I have of it are film.
20130113_181809.jpg

#246 CemetaryAngel81

CemetaryAngel81

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Full Name:Lorenzo Vargas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

My screen name as I am known on serveral different forums comes from the name of my old Lowrider bike,which the graveyard/mortuary theme was airbrushed on the tanks,so into that stuff it led into my career as a funeral director,the 81 is the year I was born

#247 Ridge Rider

Ridge Rider

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Clancy

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Some interesting responses.  My avatar changes when the mood strikes, but it is currently Alex Karras as Mongo in the movie Blazing Saddles.  My user name refers to my favorite pastime-dirtbikes.  While I no longer race them I spend as much time as possible riding the awesome trails and terrain of Idaho.

#248 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:42 AM

I use my name and something that is associated with the interest I'm exploring. In my photography forums I'm Designer Dale. Scale Dale seemed to fit in model building.

Dale

#249 madhorseman

madhorseman

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Full Name:Roy Trejo
    "I love it, I need it, I seed it, yeah turns me on, alright hold tight, I'm a highway star"

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hey this is a pretty cool thread, how did I not see it before.

User name and avatar both, are about me being MAD about Mustangs.

#250 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Black

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

My screenname is the name of my truck.  I call it that because of my Skyline R32 taillights in the weld on roll pan awaiting being attached to my truck in the place of the stock...err factory roll pan that replaced the factory bumper.  Sky is for the Skyline tails and for the Skyline driveline (if I ever have the money).  S10s are called S Dimes.  So, Sky+Dime=Skydime.

My avatar is the above mentioned 98 S10...probably always will be as long as I own the truck, which I have technically had since new.  My dad purchased it new and I traded him for it.  It's still a one owner because we never changed the title.  He now has a dark blue 99 S10 that, with only the color exception, looked exactly that same when they both were stock.  He never was into anything custom.  I wish he was.  It would be cool to drag frame side by side just one time with him.

Edited by Skydime, 21 February 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#251 Belugawrx

Belugawrx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Coy

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

35 yrs ago we had a family vaca down in Orlando, visit the grandfolks for Xmas (lived on Lancaster for those who care)

Of course we went to Daytona

Only ones on the beach Laff They sold out of down vests that year in Orlando Hahaha

Anyway my aunt looked over at my brother and I (this was the year Blues Bros. album was released)

And said "You guy's look like the Beluga Brothers"

Large boys, dead fish white, It stuck. Wrx is what I do works.

The new avatar is Riley my buddy sayin' "LETS GO OUTSIDE"!!

Happy modelling

#252 JollySipper

JollySipper

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Full Name:TJ Charles

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

Glad to see this one up and running again!

It's my favorite thread.....   ^_^ 

#253 Kennyboy

Kennyboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Boyer

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

"Kennyboy" refers to my first name.....my friends call me Kenny......and the first three letters of my last name....Boyer. The avatar is what I am obsessing over at the time.  ;)

#254 Helix

Helix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Hincks

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

Helix is the name of the engine oil products in the Shell range, the company I work for!

My avatar is the legendary A9X Holden Torana driven by late Peter Brock, he was my all time favorite race car driver!

#255 scottyguitar

scottyguitar

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Full Name:Scott

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

I have been using "scottyguitar" as a user name for almost 20 years, since I first discovered the WWW. The simple answer is that my name is Scott and I play guitar. But the truth is a little more complicated. I have been a Frank Zappa fan since the early 70s. Zappa was a big fan of Johnny "Guitar" Watson and used his talents on several albums in the 70s and 80s. I liked the name and adapted it
for myself when I joined several bulletin boards back in the day.

My avatar reflects the fact that I like pre- 1949 Fords.

Scott

#256 Mizozuman2

Mizozuman2

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Full Name:Tucker. Just Tucker.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

Mizozuman2 is a collection of things for me. :P

Miz = Mizzou = Mizzou Tigers (I was born in Ft. Wood. Moved to Ks. in the early years)

Oz = Wizard of Oz = KANSAS

u = a letter = random letter to make the name easier to pronounce.

man = I'm a male. :P

2 = I'll leave it to everyone to guess it. (Please don't try to find out. It doesn't mean anything. Just a random digit, kind of like the "u".)

#257 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

Fort Lost in the Woods eh?

I spent a week there one day.

G

#258 Mizozuman2

Mizozuman2

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Full Name:Tucker. Just Tucker.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

Fort Lost in the Woods eh?

I spent a week there one day.

G

If I had a penny for every time I heard that name... I would have enough to buy a new model kit. Haha

It's a nice base. A lot of museums. I enjoy going there during the summer. :)

#259 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

User name?  I'm kinda stuck with it.    Avatar?  Since I've always collected Valiants, both 1:1 and in scale, I chose a 1960 Valiant.   And a seasonal shot since it's festive!

Edited by Tom Geiger, 13 March 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#260 Belugawrx

Belugawrx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Coy

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

And a seasonal shot since it's festive!

Festive? .... I call that Depressive right about now HaHaHa JK

Like that shot