What's the story behind your user name/avatar?

• You cannot reply to this topic
281 replies to this topic

#41 modelmike

modelmike

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Full Name:mike meneley

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Iam the hal-9000 and everything is fine Dave.....Twinkel twinkel little star h.o..w... I.....woun...d.....er...... w......h..........a............t..........y.................o......................u................................a.............................................r.................................................e

#42 Frank

Frank

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

My screen name is my christian name. My avatar is me and the dragster I built and raced in the 60s.

#43 BOSWELL891

BOSWELL891

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Cole Boswell

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

My username comes from my last name being Boswell and my brother and me used to race four wheelers and my number was 8 and his was 91 and my avatar is just because I like the movie American Graffiti

#44 heatride

heatride

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Dykes

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Well, as you can see from this picture, I am not very photogenic, so a good friend helped me out a little bit and he improved my avatar:

Posted Image

As we say down here Doc ( and you should know ) that aint natural ! :P

#45 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Pretty cool idea here so I will join in. I am a graffiti artist and one name I write is krazy. Decided to combine that with glu since we use glue often in the model world :lol: The avatar is good ole John Wayne holding a set of refrigeration gauges since I am a Hvac tech. by trade.

#46 trogdor

trogdor

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Full Name:rick

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

#47 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Pretty cool idea here so I will join in. I am a graffiti artist and one name I write is krazy. Decided to combine that with glu since we use glue often in the model world :lol: The avatar is good ole John Wayne holding a set of refrigeration gauges since I am a Hvac tech. by trade.

Hi, Steve, care to share some of you graffiti work with us?

#48 milkman

milkman

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Full Name:howard jones

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Mine is obvious to those who know me personally. I owned and operated a dairy farm for about 25 years.

#49 Qwit Pushin

Qwit Pushin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Grover

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

My user name, 'qwit pushin,' is something my dad used to say after 'breaking wind.' (something like 'pull my finger,' only after the fact...) as for the avatar, well, that's my late father assembling an early AMT kit with mom and me in winter 1961. My dad got me going in the model hobby, so I thought it fitting that everything here, identity-related, go back to him. :)

#50 heatride

heatride

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Dykes

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

My user name, 'qwit pushin,' is something my dad used to say after 'breaking wind.' (something like 'pull my finger,' only after the fact...) as for the avatar, well, that's my late father assembling an early AMT kit with mom and me in winter 1961. My dad got me going in the model hobby, so I thought it fitting that everything here, identity-related, go back to him. :)

Mike I have wondered about your user name since I came here . Pretty neat story , thanks for sharing !

Edited because I cant spell , type are talk today for some reason ...............

Edited by heatride, 01 March 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#51 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Rick that was absolutely hilarious. I would have to say that Mike Grovers has to be the greatest one yet. That old school picture is so cool and Qwit pushin is equally as great. Dr. I would be more than happy to share some graffiti with you...these three I did last spring on my garage walls because well I own my house and I can ha. I currently write TAZ now which stands for Total Art Zen...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is my Sketchbook
Posted Image

#52 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

my names mark....and im a machinist.

#53 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Steven, very nice work. I would love to do a whole wall of the workshop with some cool graffiti like that. Thanks for sharing.

Mike Grover, your avatar now has a lot of meaning for many of us.

#54 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,802 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

my names mark....and im a machinist.

You know we would crack that code eventually... :lol:

#55 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

1930fordpickup thats what I have sitting in my garage at home . No pictures of it but Dr Cranky would love all the rust.

#56 Crazy Ed

Crazy Ed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Erbeck Jr.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

My Avatar is a combination. It represents both the area where i live (it's a picture I took out our front window) and my all time favorite Racing Team. The name, well it's been with me since High School and followed ever since. Infact many folks that I worked with over the years thought my last name was Ed :huh:
Here's a pic of what you would have seen outside my office at Tandem Computers when I worked there.

Posted Image

#57 Haubenschild

Haubenschild

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Full Name:dlihcsnebuah mail

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

My last name is Haubenschild , and my avatar picture is of a drunk trailer park supervisor , who is one of my favourite TV characters

#58 greymack

greymack

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Full Name:George Mack

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hi guys well my username is based on my grey hair and that I love mack trucks.As for the pictures I have used in my avatar there just vehicles I like.

#59 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Jammer, because that's what we were called when I drove the 30's vintage red buses in Glacier National Park. Luna for moon (a girlfriend thing) then combined them.

Avatar from a photo I took of my best friend's '54 Chevy. I redrew it in Illustrator for a t-shirt, then just tweaked it to use here too.

#60 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Cranky thanks for the interest and nice comment, I have never been to Florida, maybe one day I can come paint your wall with a eyegore character and all :) Andy I wish I had a rusty '30 ford in my garage and Ed your name plaque is cool, I am sure I would look twice if that was ever on a office door. Liam for a short time I had NetFlix and watched every single trailer park boys episode/movie I could.....I love that Avatar.