#21 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

I don't really have a least favorite Enterprise. Now, some of the other ships I don't really 'do it' for me, aesthetically. The Grissom from Wrath of Khan is one- it just looks weird to me. The Excelsior was the same way, but I liked it after a while. Come to think of it, same holds true for the Enterprise D (as a kid the defelctor dish reminded me of a belly button), but agian, I learned to like it over time. So I guess, at one time the D was the only one I didn't like, but that doesn't apply today.

Favorite? I'd have to go with the 1701, no letter after the number ... but with the ISS prefix instead of the NCC. ;)

#22 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

Wait... never mind. That one had the NCC prefix as well. The ISS was in place of the USS. Really off my game today...

#23 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

LOL. ISS stood for Imperial Star Ship. The Polar Light's TOS kit has decals to do the ISS Enterprise.

#24 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

LOL. ISS stood for Imperial Star Ship. The Polar Light's TOS kit has decals to do the ISS Enterprise.

That it does. The 18" AMT kit has them too, the decal sheet is basically a blown up version of the smaller PL kit sheet. Yes, I know the AMT kit isn't the greatest, but making it look good seems like a fun challenge to me. ;)

#25 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

It can be done, I have built countless ones over the years. I have heard that they finally removed the grid lines from the saucer. Polar lights is doing a 1/350 kit of the TOS Enterprise this year. Man, I'd give my left one to get ahold of that baby!

#26 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Polar lights is doing a 1/350 kit of the TOS Enterprise this year. Man, I'd give my left one to get ahold of that baby!

Oh yeah! That's another I'd buy at least two of, Im gonna go broke with all this dreamin'.

G

#27 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

I have heard that they finally removed the grid lines from the saucer.

That they did! But the bad part is the kit is just as ill-fitting as it ever was. Then again, this basic tool was pretty much in production continuously from 1975 (when the original 1966 alumium molds were replaced) to 1996, so I guess I shouldn't expect a state of the art, 'shake and bake' type of kit anyway. :)

#28 imatt88

imatt88

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Full Name:Ian Matthews

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Lee,

Did you scratchbuild the battle damaged Constellation, or did you use the CultTVman resin conversion?

#29 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

I built and detailed her myself. Here are some pics.

Attached Files

#30 imatt88

imatt88

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Full Name:Ian Matthews

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Cool

#31 HondaRacer1124

HondaRacer1124

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Bernai

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

"Correction, Bones. Those 4 ships don't know it's M-5's game."
Great episode, forgot about that ship.

Lee
Don't kow if you did this on purpose but your 3 photos match 3 angles in the episode exactly.
1- view of drifting Constellation on the viewscreen when first approached by Enterprise.
2- rear view flying into the planet killers maul.
3- side view was when scotty got impulse back. this scene looks very toy like on newer TVs. looked good on my parents 19" b/w TV when I was 7. :)

The effect on the nacelles looks great!!

#32 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yes, I did the poses on purpose. I have screen shots of those positions, and can post pics of the screen caps and my version in the same pose. Thanks for the kind comments

#33 KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua Lowell Beazley

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

I've got an Enterprise at home (I'm at work right now) but I'm not sure if it's the Refit from the original movie or if it's the "A". Infact, the model is in pieces, it belonged to my mother and she kept it boxed up and it eventually broke apart. I have it on my restore list. I will post pics either tonight or tomorrow and hopefully some of you may be able to identify which Enterprise it is as well as which kit it came from.

I also have the space station K-7, a romulan war bird and a klingon bird of prey that belonged to my mother that I am working to restore as well. Thankfully, polar lights has reissued these kits so it's a bit easier to fix them.

Attached Files

Edited by KiethBlackLion, 18 September 2012 - 05:43 PM.