The only release of the Avanti I have that omits the racing parts on the instruction sheet is the Modern Classics and even it has the Slicks and Dual Paxton option. I haven't opened the plastic package to see it the parts are there. The rest all list it as 3 in 1 on their instruction sheets. Those kits are the Grand Turismo Avanti, Reggie Jackson, Prestige and Millennuim versions.
Does the Reggie Jackson/Matchbox era kit include the five-slot Halibrand wheels?
I'm not quite sure which parts were omitted after the original issue, but according to Round2's page, this reissue features:
- All Original Parts Restored
- Build Stock, Custom or Slat Flats Racer
- Retooled Optional Halibrand Factory Mag Wheels
- Four Different Wheel Options
- Steerable Front Wheels
- Opening Doors
- Expanded Original Decal Sheet
- Vintage Box Art Packaging