3 replies to this topic

#1 JPolli

JPolli

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just picked up the new Revell KS Pittman 41 Willys kit. The instructions call for a red body. However, looking at various reference PICS, the car was more of an orange/red. Anyone know the color of the 1:1 car or have any paint color suggestions? Thanx.

#2 LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Matador Red .

#3 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Slixx decals always lists the color of the cars they provide decals for. They show the '33 and '40s Willys to be either: Metro Paints 'N7 Red' or Realistic Paints #1012 Red. I searched for both, but didn't find much. The results took me back to Slixx and other business related info. I found two colors on eBay, but not yours.

I found this site that lists lots of vehicles' factory-painted Matador Red (as Lone Wolf added). http://paintref.com/...i?color=Matador Red&tditzler=5824&rows=50. They even give a sample color next to each one. Maybe you could find an auto store that has a matching touch-up paint for a particular car.

#4 JPolli

JPolli

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Donn and Ted

Thanks for your reply. I found Matador Red at MCW Auto Finishes. It is listed under their Racing Colors as S&S Auto Parts (60 Gassers) #5601. Donn, hope to talk with you at the NNL East.

Jim