#21 Silver Foxx

Silver Foxx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Scully

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

I have a Ferrari 250 swb kit in my unbuilt pile.It is an ESCI kit- 1:24. It has the decals for the Stirling Moss- Rob Walker car. I would post a photo if I was able to.

#22 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Got the Italeri one today from eBay...looks like a pretty nice kit at first glance.

Edited by Rob Hall, 09 January 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#23 1959scudetto

1959scudetto

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:Helmut Müllner

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I have a Ferrari 250 swb kit in my unbuilt pile.It is an ESCI kit- 1:24. It has the decals for the Stirling Moss- Rob Walker car. I would post a photo if I was able to.

Bruce, I have built 2 versions of the ESCI kit in the 80's: I have used the wheels from Italeri's GTO and done a lot of carving and puttying - still got no correct body - it is very distorted and clumsy. I tried to make a '60 race and a '61 street car out of it.

In my stash I do have 3 Italeri SWB's - still unbuilt - that look really good - at least their proportions - but they also have (albeit small) issues: some parts are simply taken over from the 250 GTO (as with the California spider), but I think you can live with that. This is more easily correctable than a totally wrong body.

Let's hope they still will reissue it!

Helmut