29 replies to this topic

#21 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hmmm, I though it was Jeff (jeffs396) who mentioned the transmission was too short in the '69 GTO "Judge" F/C kit, but I don't recall where I read that. Has anybody purchased the GTO F/C kit that could check and see if the trans has been corrected?

#22 Dragline

Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Frias

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

I got one at the MAMA meeting last Sat. There is a little part with an extra instruction sheet that calls out the tranny tailshaft and where to install it.

Bob

#23 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

LG COMMENTS: The next kits in the series following the Beswick Super Judge will be the Tommy Grove "The Going Thing" 70 Mustang (from the Polar Lights Gas Ronda/Blue Max tooling) and the Candies and Hughes '69 Cuda (from the Polar Lights Don Schumacher/Big John Mazmanian tooling). More reissues will be coming from AMT, MPC, and Polar Lights tools. 

Looks like Round2 is releasing a kit of the HOT ROD Magazine sponsored Mustang F/C, presumably based on the same tooling as the Bounty Hunter kit.

MPC-801 1/25 1970's Hot Rod Magazine Mustang Funny Car

The original MPC kit:

$(KGrHqV,!jEE9)RbYFrEBPsT,Ti3-w~~60_12.J

I don't think this was a real car, but rather was a car in model form only. Seems like an odd choice since it has no pedigree nor any sponsor/driver/team owner name recognition, but maybe Round2 has something cooking with the HOT ROD magazine brand, and/or maybe it was cheaper to offer a non-"known" car, too.

#24 Don Sikora II

Don Sikora II

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

I'm actually kinda glad to see this one, mostly because I built it as a kid. I wouldn't mind seeing Round2 reissue some of the early 80s "generic" MPC funny cars too like the Firebirds and Dodge Omni/Charger. Have a "Burnout Bird" in my stash that I want to build one of these days...and hopefully do a better job of it than I did at age 12!

#25 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Looks like Round2 is releasing a kit of the HOT ROD Magazine sponsored Mustang F/C, presumably based on the same tooling as the Bounty Hunter kit.

MPC-801 1/25 1970's Hot Rod Magazine Mustang Funny Car

I don't think this was a real car, but rather was a car in model form only. Seems like an odd choice since it has no pedigree nor any sponsor/driver/team owner name recognition, but maybe Round2 has something cooking with the HOT ROD magazine brand, and/or maybe it was cheaper to offer a non-"known" car, too.

Probably has more to do with licensing than anything. Then again it may well be a test to see what sells best a no name car such as this compared to say the BlueMax branded  kit

Hmmm, I though it was Jeff (jeffs396) who mentioned the transmission was too short in the '69 GTO "Judge" F/C kit, but I don't recall where I read that. Has anybody purchased the GTO F/C kit that could check and see if the trans has been corrected?

That was Chuck aka Ratnasty

Edited by gtx6970, 19 March 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#26 gbdolfans

gbdolfans

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Full Name:George Bluhm

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

I am interested in the Grove car.IIRC there was an issue with the Gas Ronda and Blue Max Mustangs with the wheelbase of the chassis in relation to the body.Does anyone have the new kit and have they corrected this????

#27 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

my gutt says it's an exact re-issue of the GR / Bluemax cars, just different decals

#28 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

If its the same kits as was originally issued it is the same kit that was the Blue Max, Bounty Hunter, that was the Vel's Parnelli Jones. 95% of it is generic between those kits. The wheels and injectors may be different and some may or may not have open parachutes.

#29 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Ithe Blue Max, Bounty Hunter, that was the Vel's Parnelli Jones.

I have a feeling your thinking about he MPC kits, 1971-73 body style ? I know the Parnelli Jones kit is the later body .

Polar Lights is a 1969-70 Body style kit

#30 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Guess a qualification is required. This is the same body as the later white Bounty Hunter, ugly light blue Blue Max and the Vel's funny car. I forgot about both the earlier  Bounty Hunter and the Blue Max.