10.5 tire outlaw Twin Turbo Mustang BACK TO WORK ! :)

• You cannot reply to this topic
94 replies to this topic

#41 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas Patterson

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Here are some more pictures of what I have been working on. The rear end and the new hood. neither are finished just in progress like everything else lol. Let me know what you think thanks!! Nick....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking.

#42 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

It's coming along real nice

#43 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

It's coming along real nice

Thank you for taking the time to follow the build. I appreciate the comment, thank you.

#44 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Was able to do some more work this evening. Hers where I am on the Rear end housing so far. Its not going to be black going to try the acalad 2 on it to chrome it unless anyone knows anything that will look better?? or more realistic. Let me know what you think. Thanks again for looking and the comments as always.... Nick

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

hey Nick, that sheetmetal rear housing is looking the goods man. B) Nice fab work. :)
Yeah, good luck with the turbos, if he had them in stock, they are usually pretty quick I've found. ;) May take up to a couple of weeks to get to you of course.

LOL :lol: Man, I can only imagine the feeling as you head off, nothing but blue sky before you......Must be a real rush. :) B)
Good luck with this build man, and your real "track" days too. ;)

#46 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

Nice work fabbing the rear.

#47 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Thank you guys all for the comments. They keep me building!! I just got done "RE DOING" the headers. I wasn't happy with them. Ill get pictures of the new ones up this evening. They came out really really good . I will be proud to show them just have to get to the camera and the bench. As soon as I get home Ill get them up. Thanks Again for following..... NICK..

#48 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

I was considering changing from a standard lenco and going with a bruno drive considering its a 10.5 car. Possible even a glide. What do you guys think?? Also do you have a good reference photos of what ever transmission you think should go into this car?? Thanks for letting me ask you advice. What do you say??

#49 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Not a Lenco anymore. Playing with some ideas right now. Tinkering with a bruno drive with a ford bell housing. Lots to do if I go this direction. I think It would be pretty neat never put anything like this in a build yet. Let me know what you think. Thanks Nick Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking.... Nick

#50 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I thought this could help show what Ive done do far.

Before
Posted Image

AFTER

Posted Image

Sorry for multi posting thought it would show better where Im headed. Let me know what you think thanks.. NICK

#51 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

You're really moving on this project, considering you started posting less than 2 weeks ago. It's nice to see your 'rough' work turn into finished work. I can appreciate the effort and like to watch the progress you're capturing. Also like the new camera.

#52 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

You're really moving on this project, considering you started posting less than 2 weeks ago. It's nice to see your 'rough' work turn into finished work. I can appreciate the effort and like to watch the progress you're capturing. Also like the new camera.

Thank you so much for you words of encouragement. I appreciate your time and your comments on my project. I have been working like a mad man. Been using as much time as I have available lately for this build. Your comments and your builds inspire me daily to try new things and keep at the build. Thanks Again NICK....

#53 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

The new tranny looks real nice Nick, this build looks like it could be a killer!

#54 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Here are a few more pictures. Sorry for the slow progress taking time to get all the little parts the way I want them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Still have the AN line to add and dip stick tube. also shift pods see how its never ending lol Thanks for looking. The work continues. :D

#55 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

OK UPDATE: I hope your not all mad at me. I made the decision to go ahead and rebuild the chassis. It wasn't square and to be honest I really was rushing when I put it together. It looked OK but I know I can do better. The second reason is I have been taking my time and building some really good pieces to go in such as the fabricated rear end the new bruno style trans. basically all of the components are coming out so good it didn't feel right to put all of these parts that show my best work into something that was half A%$. I hate to go backwards but the build and parts going into it all are deserving my best. It shouldn't take to long I have had some decent time to put into this project and will get the chassis done pretty soon. Ill have pictures up hopefully tonight. Let me know what you think I hope you all understand my thoughts on doing this.

Thanks As Always for looking!! Nick

#56 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

No problem Nick, we can wait it out..........any thing new yet? LOL!, take your time buddy, it'll work out better overall.

#57 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Alright Again... Just a little something I got nice and square tonight after a long evening of measure twice and cut once. :D

Let me know hows shes looking... More around the corner. Sorry for the re play if you will lol it needed to be done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Kanedge

Kanedge

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Full Name:Kane

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Nice work on the cage.

#59 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

2 words: Looking Good!

#60 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

2 words: Looking Good!

Fast enough for ya?? LOL I couldnt stand looking at the old one anymore. Thanks for looking and I appreciate your time.. Nick