#61 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Andrey

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Revell 71 GTX seems to be my unicorn. It was one of the first models I have started building and everything it was nearly complete I messed it up. 

When I originally built it, it was about 99% done and while doing the last touch ups I accidentally spilled testors glue on the roof... I have repainted it at least 5 times since and every time I paint it, I either decide that I don't like the color or I mess up the paint... so far it's been painted red, yellow, gloss black, and flat black... it's even been fully rebuilt and for some reason this time around the hood doesn't fit...

After about 3 years on and off working on it, I decided to put it inside the box and get a new model kit of that car, hopefully that one isn't cursed...

#62 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Andrey I've had issues with a Pro Modeler kit of a '57 Chevy.  I built the kit, painted it Black (probably the BEST Black paint job I've ever done) and BMF'd it (again one of the BEST I've done) but on final assembly I couldn't get the body/frame assembly to come together properly.  Each time I tried either the inner fenderwells would break loose, or the front wheel/tie rod assembly would come off.  Plus, when I originally started the model I painted the engine compartment pieces (firewall, inner fenderwells) Chevy Engine Orange because I thought I wanted to paint the whole car that color.  Then I changed my mind and painted the car Black with a silver and black interior...... now the engine compartment doesn't look right in a black car..!!  Plus, the hood and trunk lid are separate pieces and I didn't make working hinges for them, so I'd have to display them off the car to show the work on the engine compartment and trunk.  The model has been back in the box for about 4 years now..!!