#41 thumper86

thumper86

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Full Name:robert quimby

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

I agree so sick and tired of going in forums and everybody thinks there better than the next guy it's freakin stupid . And I'm not taking sides here but I could careless I build because I love to build and I'm pretty sure thats why everybody in this and other forums build or at least at one time they did before they got some stupid keyboard warrior complex.Everybody needs to get over themselfs and build what they want to build and if other people dont like it tough all they have to do is shut-up!
Like I said I'm not taking sides on this or any other subject but like Prostreet said GROW UP and build .

#42 Interceptor

Interceptor

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Meirsman

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

I completely agree. Enjoy the work that is shown here, if this is not the area of interest then check out other issues, but don't make it a personal thing to start annoying the author of a thread or anyone else for that matter. (My 2 cents, without taking any side).

Mark

#43 thumper86

thumper86

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

I look at it this way we are here to learn off each other or help those that want to try different things with there models . I didnt see a contest post anywhere so why make it one. Kids come here and see this ###### going on and do you really think they want to keep building ? They have enough on there plate in school with bullying and everything else. We owe it to them and each other to grow up and try to make the hobby some place where all of us can lose ourselfs building no matter how bad our day was or whats on our plates,we need to guide the next gen. of builders the right way so they can pass it down to there kids.

#44 thumper86

thumper86

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Constructive criticism aims to show that the intent or purpose of something is better served by an alternative approach. In this case, making the criticism is not necessarily deemed wrong, and its purpose is respected; rather, it is claimed that the same goal could be better achieved via a different route. Constructive criticisms are often suggestions for improvement - how things could be done better or more acceptably. They draw attention to how an identified problem could be solved, or how it could be solved better. YOUR DOING IT WRONG !Stiring the pot doesnt count !

Edited by thumper86, 01 May 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#45 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

To me this sounds like a blatant abuse of power.

Does it really ?? or could it be you dont know the whole story?? :blink:

Honestly I post my work for the benifit of others , it takes time to build and document a build. I post pics of works in progress and the finished work so that people can see the steps it takes to get from point "A" to point "B" so that if anyone has any questions they can ask and hopefully I can give a answer that helps. When people give constructive criticism its accepted kindly and alls good in the hood. But if im harassed or insulted am I exspected to lay down and just take it? Well I try that, and when I do the same people keep comming back and doing the same.

What you dont see is when I try to go to these same people in a PM to try to work out any differances we may have. What eles you dont get to see is the insults I recieve in return. This all makes me tired to the point I dont even want to share my work, but i do for the sake of the guys who uphold honorable standards and truely enjoy the art of modelling, those who come to learn and teach.

If I give a guy a PM Im extending the peace pipe if he refuses then I have the right as a mod to take apporpriate steps, Im tired of the fire starters and pot stirers, they are the only thing that hold this forum back from being the best model building forum around. So dont get upset when I do my job and want to get rid of the problems.

#46 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Right behind you Rom, I for one very much enjoy seeing your how-to's, pointing out things I see that might or might not be wrong, after seeing all the great stuff you did on the "War Path", I know that some things start out rough & need to cleaned-up as the build goes along, maybe, just maybe that other guy is just plain jealous that his builds don't come out as good as yours or Tyrones or Thumpers etc. I haven't posted any recent pics of my Nova/Comet builds only because of some problems I've run into & want to get fixed first, being as I don't have complete control of using the only camera in the house. Hope to see more of your build soon buddy!

#47 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,343 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

No false praise her brother, I know you can do it !

#48 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm a site moderator for an online gaming community and I know what Rom has on his plate.
It sounds like there is more going on behind the scenes we don't know about. A moderator has the responsibility of keeping the peace on that site. A few words to the disruptive person at first, then a warning or two and then a ban.
Forums are here, as Thumper, Inerceptor and ProStreet have said, to share work, ideas and techniques. Constructive criticism is expected and wanted in order for us to grow. Roadkill made his feelings known and I'm sure Rom looked at his work twice because of it. I would have. The system works. Let's get back to it.

#49 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

You know rom is the only one I really see catching junk publicly. But he stays good natured and continues building. I vote for this thread to be cleaned out and stay on the subject.

#50 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

You know rom is the only one I really see catching junk publicly. But he stays good natured and continues building. I vote for this thread to be cleaned out and stay on the subject.

count my vote with yours Kaleb B)

#51 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

Rom, hope this is settling down now.....can't believe I just read some of that nonsense back a page or two..... :unsure:
And without wanting to stir anyone's pot, I think you handled yourself and this thread rather well......I would've lost it for sure. :lol:

Now, back on topic.....
I probably would agree that the use of your mill would make this a hellofaloteasier than it is, but you don't have access to it, so you do what you gotta do, hey. ;)
Yes, things like this (in their early stages) can. and do, quite often look rough. You can't help but get a little messy now and again.
Man, lots (ALL) of my stuff doesn't get photographed in early development............... :lol:
You on the other hand, show it how it is. And I'll stand up and back you till I'm 6 foot under mate, you WILL make this work.
Having said that, I love where you're headed with this, and applaud your tenacity and willingness to do it in brass. Good luck Bro. :)

#52 Dyno Davo

Dyno Davo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Full Name:David Loye

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

Rom, some dudes cant see the forest for the trees, don't waste time on them, this is turning out ace mate, looking forward to following your build.

PS: where did you buy the scale model of parrot, it looks so real man (LOL)

Cool pet companion. I'd be teaching it to hold parts together while the glue dried, always need a third hand. My dog just won't cooperate.

#53 Beavis

Beavis

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Full Name:Vince Butyniec

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

gettin the popcorn ready B)

#54 sjordan

sjordan

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

The progress updates may be like watching sausage being made. You don't want to see what goes into it, but it can turn out pretty tasty.

BTW, for those of you who are interested in using brass, there's a new book out by Ken Foran, who is a master of the art. You can see his work at scalemotorcars.com, where his screen name is xken. And if anybody thinks this is easy, he has a thread over there on building an XKE roadster out of brass; he's still working on the engine and the thread is now 43 pages. My point is, that even the most experienced builders go through some phases where things are experimental and look a bit rough.

Book...

http://www.amazon.co...tripbooks%2C207

Reviews...
http://www.scalemoto...book-today.html

XKE brass engine build...

http://www.scalemoto...e-roadster.html

Edited by sjordan, 02 May 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#55 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hey thanks Skip for the link, When I saw the work Ken was doing I had to join that forum , His work is incredible! I only hope to be that good one day.

#56 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Wow.... I stayed away from here for a few weeks to get away from the childish behavior, and now this. Posted Image

Build on Rom.... Build on.
Posted Image

#57 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

The progress updates may be like watching sausage being made. You don't want to see what goes into it, but it can turn out pretty tasty.

That's one of the funnier things I've read in a while!

#58 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,988 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Well, at least it's not another orange GL Charger! :P

Rock on ... ;)

B)

#59 Eliminator_ryan

Eliminator_ryan

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan Gobeil

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Well i have to say i have been reading this forum for a while now (this is my first post) and Romell your work has always caught my eye ( being that i am a drag racing fan and race/own a 10.5 outlaw and an outlaw big tire car) and I wish I had the patience you do :lol: I have been scratch building and kit bashing for years and you have some great ideas and great methods of doing things.

Forums are full of keyboard tuff guys and i am not a fan boy of any means, if some one does work you like good if not ohh well it takes all types right?

that's my .02 sorry if you ruffle any feathers B)

#60 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement fellas I'll have some updates for ya later today.