#41 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Transmission in the kit is actually the New Venture 5LM60 5-speed.

Trans you added is the TH350, if you have any of the SS454 kits you could have used the trans out of that (4L80E, but close enough)

Though the kit trans was the SM465 4spd available from '88-'92 (the kit being a '90), also like I said this trans is parts box, and I really Don't care, looks better than the 4spd manual trans, Only external visual difference in 25th scale is the pan, which I'm not going to bother screwing around with.

I always love the clean looks of the Scottsdale.. I use to have a 94 Cheyenne but now I have a 91 GMC SLT nice trim pack but I almost wish it was the SL ( now that some of the trim is had-it ) and I have a 93 Bravada ( I wish there was a model of that ) but my Cheyenne had a diff grill and headlight (it used the sealed beam headlight like the older cars/trucks ( one on each side what we called the plain jane nose )) so it through me off when I seen the pick of your pickup..

My Cheyenne has the Composite lights and chrome Grill from the factory, was a available "Decor" Package at a cost of If I remember right $115.

Nick

#42 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Though the kit trans was the SM465 4spd available from '88-'92 (the kit being a '90)

Nick

For reference

SM465:

235050d1142835009-transmission-muncie-sm

5LM60:

zxqkcp.jpg

#43 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

I see. Biggest difference appears to be in the tail shape, I assume they use the same or similar bellhousing.

Nick

#44 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

On (I believe) every newer transmission, such as the 5LM60, the bellhousing is part of the transmission. On the older trans, the bellhousing was a separate unit. They would generally have the same bolt pattern however for the Chevy V8.

#45 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

yea my 94 looked like the second pic. but my 91 gmc has the 700r4 in it. witch I think nick may have ( anyaways I think I seen in the pic's that his is a automatic ( it may be a metric 350 like my van had hehe ))

Nope, my truck has the 4L60E which is a modern 700R4 basically, biggest difference is the Electronic Shift Module. As far as I know the TH350 wasn't offered in the '88-'98 C/K series.

Nick