Tonight I removed the molded in grille "teeth", getting it ready for the Model Car Garage photoetched inserts:
Next I test fit the hood and grille with the body, making sure there are no fitment issues. Looks good:
The LH side of the grille drooped a tad before I clicked the pic, but all three fit together well. I still need to test fit the upper trim piece which attaches to the hood and find the front bumper, too. The hood'll need some more attention at the rear corners, some narrowing for a better fit side-to-side, and receive some bracing detail on the underside, as I used the fiberglass hood from the '68 kit. The little gap just inboard of the antenna base on the fender will need to be filled, too. I've had no luck finding a scale thickness wire which is stiff enough to use as an antenna, so I'm open to suggestions.
I also picked up some paint last week at HL, giving myself two choices, so I have to check out what the interior color options were for each exterior color, then make a decision. I'm excited to put the airbrush to work.