Model Cars Magazine Forum

Un-Monkeemobile? Updated 7/1/13

Pat Minarick

Yes, the front end is turning out quite nice, good job. But I sure have a hard time getting past the visual weight of that panel van roof. It steals the attention from your other careful details. Here's sample of how a window might look. Sure, it's a little cliche' and it wouldn't have to be a window but I feel like something needs to lighten that area. :)

That looks really good ,I was thinking of something like that or maybe a little bubbled out ,old style van window in the shape of the Monkee's logo.Thanks for the ideal, Mike.

I personally like what you have done already. I think the panel side actually looks better and gives that window a real nice line. I'm not oppossed to the rear window either, just like the panel more. I also like what you did to the front wheel opening and the nose but I was wondering if the fenders still flowed into the motor compartment when you open the hood? I thought that was real cool, lookin great tho, keep it up

I personally like what you have done already. I think the panel side actually looks better and gives that window a real nice line. I'm not oppossed to the rear window either, just like the panel more. I also like what you did to the front wheel opening and the nose but I was wondering if the fenders still flowed into the motor compartment when you open the hood? I thought that was real cool, lookin great tho, keep it up

Thanks Jason! no fender flowing down any more ,but I will put something there.

I used the rear wheel tubs up front and got a firewall in,and the engine is fitted.

IMG_2704.jpg
I got the hood fitting good and added a peak down the center and under the rear window.

IMG_2910.jpgIMG_2909.jpg
Got it sitting on all four.

IMG_2908.jpgIMG_2906.jpg

I starting to get there!

Edited by Road Runner 79

Why is my primer still sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you using enamel? I use a dehydrator with enamels, it speeds things up a bit.

I use Dupli Color Laquer Primers & Filler/Primers from the Auto Supply Store. They always air dry Fast!