charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Nice build, Ron.

Question: is the white insert in the seats a stock option? I saw a really nice '66 K-code convertible in Starmist Blue with the blue Pony interior, that was really sharp. I might build one of these like that, but the blue with the white and blue interior like yours is pretty cool.

Charlie Larkin

#42 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Nice build, Ron.

Question: is the white insert in the seats a stock option? I saw a really nice '66 K-code convertible in Starmist Blue with the blue Pony interior, that was really sharp. I might build one of these like that, but the blue with the white and blue interior like yours is pretty cool.

Charlie Larkin

Here You Go Charlie. Sorry for the long period if answering your question, as I have not seen this post until now.

Posted Image

Ron

#43 Dirkpitt289

Dirkpitt289

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Full Name:Dirk Pitt

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

It's hard to see in the parts shot but does the new coupe kit come with pony Interior?

#44 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

It's hard to see in the parts shot but does the new coupe kit come with pony Interior?

I'm going out on a limb here ; I believe that this kit does have the Pony Interior ... Last time I saw the innerds of this kit was its 80's issue (circa 1985 for me) .

#45 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,306 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Using the aforementioned Cougar chassis (page 1) I built this movie replica from this kit. I think it was the release with the three sets of tires and a few custom parts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe it did have a pony interior, but the inner door detail was poor and the seats are awful. I ended up replacing them from the parts box.

Posted Image

This was the release I used.

Posted Image

#46 garywayne1966

garywayne1966

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Wayne Johnson Jr.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Here's an example of the AMT '66 Mustang box art circa 1966.OriginalAMT66Mustangbox-th.jpgOriginalAMT66Mustangboxend-th.jpgOriginalAMT66Mustangboxside-th.jpgnalAMT66Mustangboxsideopposite-th.jpg

#47 garywayne1966

garywayne1966

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Wayne Johnson Jr.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

The original issue had a unique decal sheet with the Tasca Ford advertising thatwent on the sides for racing sponsorship. The driver's name, Bill Lawton was used on the sides as well. I have this box plus a few unused parts that belonged to my mother's younger brother. I got it from mom when she was cleaning her mother's farmhouse out a few months after her passing. An unusual option I found interesting about this kit was that it included plastic tire caps that could be glued to the tire sides and had spacers for the wheel centers. The car from this kit is long gone, but still has extras that i could use for other '66 Mustang kits to build all variations this one had to offer.