Revell/Monogram 1/25 '29 Ford Rat Rod 3'n1?

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

#21 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

I had 3 A V8 ( two with flatheads , and one with a nailhead Buick engine from The Parts Box) all built from the AMT 29 Roadster Kit , with the Traditional 32 Ford Frame from R&M O M, and the suspension parts frrom the 29 Rat Rod Kit, I also use the same Frame and Suspension combo on 3 32 Fords (a chopped five Window w/ a Dodge 331HEMI w/four 97's,a Roadster w/The Engine from the Revell 40 Ford Standard Coupe w/ aftermarket heads, 2 dueces, etc., and The ARDUN Powered 3 window that I had been posting build pictures of.).
The 29 Rat Rod is a Gold mine of Kit Bashing Parts, and I have also Built the Closed Cab Pickup from the kit with aftermarket detail added. My verdict is that it is a Great Kit!
I have bought several kits from Model Round up, and they are a good Company to deal with!

When are we going to see that AMT "A" roadster again ?

Posted Image

#22 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Thanks guys - it's the new kit tooling that comes with the multiple engine options I think.

It's pretty much a straight reissue of the Goodguys kit, with a different box and decals. The only retooling that's been done was the correction of the rear window of the closed cab, which was done for the Goodguys release. There are "multiple engine options" if you count the hop up parts for the 4 banger, but there is only 1 complete engine.

#23 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,439 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Bill mentioned the hop up parts and shared tooling for the this and the '31 A, but just to clarify- the '29 A comes with a Winfield head, while the '31 2-door has a Riley (going by memory here) F-head conversion. The balance of the engine parts are the same though- two carb manifold with separate Stromberg carbs (with the air cleaners molded in place) and a very nice sweept-back header. The stock engine parts are included as well.

#24 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

I meant to mention which parts were in which kit, but I couldn't recall exactly what hop up parts were in their respective kits other than the OHV/F head conversion in the sedan/woodie and the L head in the truck. I have checked all 3 kits, the pickup does have a Winfeild head, and the Sedan/Woodie is a Riley. Both also have an Ansen side cover.

#25 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,439 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Indeed they do- forgot about the aftermarket side cover. Forgot about the Woody variant, too. Being a Model A guy you'd think I'd be up on all of this. :wacko: B)

#26 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

Anyone bought/built this kit before?
It's a 3 'n 1 Model T Hot Rod kit - comes with multiple engines, rims, etc.

I want it because it's a Pick-up body - with rails designed for pick-ups.

So - has anyone bought this kit, found any issues, and moreover, has anyone purchased from Modelroundup outside of the US?

One thing! With the rat rod version, Revell-Monogram FINALLY made the closed cab with a correct rear window!

Art