#61 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Okay, I'll bite. 69-Torino with Fairlane front end and 70-Mercury Marauder roof and rear.

FairTorinauder_zps30c3adf1.jpg

this is nice, looks like something you'd have seen in Canada or Australia (except for it not being "right hand drive").

#62 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

I put a whole different front end on it. A lot more like the original (I love retro styling!).

I like the retro front end better than how GM released their current style, Dodge really hit a home run when they produced the new retro Challenger, their Charger I'm not so fond of...

#63 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

this is nice, looks like something you'd have seen in Canada or Australia (except for it not being "right hand drive").

Yeah, that had crossed my mind too. I wondered if I should've just left the roof alone, I thought it started looking more like a conventional 69 Fairlane.

Just one more because this is actually something I've been kicking around a while. 64 Riviera with a 66 roof. These exercises help visualize what the issues might be before I cut into plastic. I started my Cannonball car this way.

64-66Riviera_zps06d1e7cf.jpg

#64 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,012 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

A few more...

2011-Camaro-SS.jpg

camaro.jpg

caravanafter.jpg

53corvetteafter.jpg

Both the Camaro's look better than the real one. I don't care for the front on the real one at all. IMO

#65 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,120 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

A what if I'd like to build in scale is to kitbash the roof of an AMT '65 Galaxie onto an AMT '65 Lincoln to make a phantom 2dr.

#66 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

A few more...

camaro.jpg

Knockout drop-dead gorgeous. I'd stand in line at the Chevy dealer to get one of those.

#67 Russell C

Russell C

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Full Name:Russell Cook

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

I have a particular weakness for mix 'n match illustrations à la Harry Pristovnik. It's the main reason why I switched from building only semi trucks to a bunch of mix 'n match cards like my BMW Cadillac and my Lambo 300, I wanted to see my ideas in 3D.  Those of mine were done prior to my getting to computers and graphic arts. Now I can butcher cars in PhotoShop in moderately convincing manner (or lately in CorelDRAW since my newer computer can't handle my old PhotoShop 7 and I can't afford a CS3 upgrade).

Such as the section I did to this unfortunate '59 Fury...

34zk7r9.jpg

Or transforming what I consider the 'worried look' of factory Jeep Libertys into something more retro...

2q812mv.jpg

Can't wait 'til when I can get into the sort of virtual 3D drawing as seen in this 3D drawing blog.

Edited by Russell C, 15 July 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#68 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Thinking about building this one in scale. It's a 1966 Karman Ghia with a 911 flatnose roof and a whale tale. Just a simple rendering I made in paint.net.

Attached File  Whale tail Ghia.png   310.81KB   1 downloads

#69 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Full Name:frank russell matrau jr

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

i too like the supertoronado...waaaay kool!

#70 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

these are hilarious.  What programs are you guys using to smash up these pics?

#71 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

these are hilarious.  What programs are you guys using to smash up these pics?

I use PaintShop Pro, currently have version4 but version-5 looks like it has some nifty new features. it's a bargain compared to Photoshop and it's good (and relatively easy to use) for non-professional users.

I believe Harry uses a real professionals program, Photoshop.

my hat's off to real photoshop users but usually it takes a real need (and usually a LOT of time) to learn how to use photoshop to it's fullest.

#72 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

I use PaintShop Pro, currently have version4 but version-5 looks like it has some nifty new features. it's a bargain compared to Photoshop and it's good (and relatively easy to use) for non-professional users.

I believe Harry uses a real professionals program, Photoshop.

my hat's off to real photoshop users but usually it takes a real need (and usually a LOT of time) to learn how to use photoshop to it's fullest.

Thanks, I knew/understood that Photoshop could take a lot of time, but always interested in more simple and cheaper programs that will still allow some more simplified photo manipulations. 

#73 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

Thanks, I knew/understood that Photoshop could take a lot of time, but always interested in more simple and cheaper programs that will still allow some more simplified photo manipulations. 

corel is the current publisher of paintshop pro, they've been running special prices on it recently so you might get it for a good price.

#74 Russell C

Russell C

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Full Name:Russell Cook

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Meanwhile, what if the artist for this original sketch had gone beyond lowering it and hot rodding it?

Attached File  sectioned '60 Cad.jpg   60.93KB   0 downloads

#75 Watertown

Watertown

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Grover

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

A few more...

2011-Camaro-SS.jpg

camaro.jpg

caravanafter.jpg

53corvetteafter.jpg

Harry, from your Photoshop file to the Brass at GM's ear, having just purchased a 2013 Camaro, Your rendering showing the '69 beak and stripe graphic on the silver Camaro is the only thing in my mind that could have made this car better! Nicely done!

#76 Skip

Skip

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Ragsdale

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Another one from the "just kidding" department:40edsel.jpg

Not too far from what some of the "Metal Butchers" 'er "Customizers" of the late 50's, early 60's were trying. They saw the Edsel grill/surround for what it was, just didn't apply it brilliantly at times. Go back and look through some of the "Little" mostly East Coast Customs magazines we're featuring in show coverage and feature cars. Funny thing too, many feel that the unmolested front end of the Forty Ford Standard and DeLuxe were Ford's best executed fat fendered car, it's also seen some pretty bizarre things done to it as well! Hard to improve on an icon, tongue in cheek or not!