#41 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Cosby

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

I was just curious so I looked up the value, and going by what kelly blue book says, the car is worth $12,002 , thats a long way from $69,900

I'm not defending the price, but I saw this car in person and can tell you its a brand new '93 Cobra. Also, did you look up '93 Mustang Cobra, or the Cobra R model? With as little as 107 ever produced, I would be surprised if the blue book even considers values of such low prodruciton numbers. I had no idea that a '93 Cobra R even existed.

When I walked into the showroom, I thought "What the hell is this Fox-Body Mustand doing here with the Porsches, Lambos, and Bentleys!?" You can pick one of these up in decent shape for $2,500. Then I did a walk around and noticed the factory radio delete and other race prep options from Ford that I've never seen on a Fox-Body before. That's when I started asking questions.

MVL Leasing is a toy store for the rich. The owners are good guys. If they are asking $69,900 for the car, then it's because they have a market for someone to pay that much for it. With the amount of high priced vehicles that move throgh their doors, I don't doubt that the car will sell either.

Either way, it's some good clean reference pics of an all original Mustang. Take it or leave it.

#42 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Ive been really busy lately but i managed to cut out the doors and im experminting trying to make some lambo doors. Does anyone know how. Ill have pictures up later

Scratchbuilding Lambo doors would be a challenge! Perhaps you can canabalize one of the Revell kits that offer them. I think that they are in the "new" Charger, Magnum, or 300 kits. It may not be cheaper, but maybe easier.

#43 dyl_w@comcast.net

dyl_w@comcast.net

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Full Name:dylan washko

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

heres some pictures.

Attached Files

#44 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

Looking good Dylan. It's nice to see a post related to the topic lol :lol:

#45 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

(BTW: The trash talking started in the "Gumball" thread about 2 months ago when someone with a Hemi Dodge Daytona got it in his head that his car actually had a chance against my 400++ h.p., mid-engine Corvette ZR-1 powered '66 Corvair! THAT'S not gonna happen! :lol:)
AH so nice to hear :D :P I love you too Jim , i might have to do a chevy for this cpb to let you know i that i do infact bleed chevy engine orange... Now what to build ..... :blink: and that Daytona will have an all aluminum destroked twin plug hemi . We are just having trouble getting dyno time for the engine .
Michael

#46 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Ely

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hey Michael: Let me know when you get time on that 1:25 scale plastic engine dyno... and WHERE - I'd like to line up a session myself!
:) :lol: :D ;)

Edited by CorvairJim, 09 August 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#47 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

LMAO yeah well i will e-mail ya that info . in a top secret location
blind folds and all that good stuff

MIchael

#48 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Mock-up #2: Alomost Done!

Attached Files

#49 dyl_w@comcast.net

dyl_w@comcast.net

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Mock-up #2: Alomost Done!

Lookin good your moving alot faster than i am i just got the first coat of primer on lol still a long way to go for me.
What do you have under the hood of that porshe

#50 dyl_w@comcast.net

dyl_w@comcast.net

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ok so i know its hard to see on camera but that is a guide coat of gray primer and im slowly getting the body of this car smoother. other than workining on the body ive also been working on the rollcage im scracth building and the interior was warped so i had to cut off the trunck section and had to reaatch in so that it was correctly alingened, i dont have enough progress on this part of the build to bother with pictures yet. in adition i am making the interior tub and chasis apear as one piece no ugly seams. also i have puttied and snded the engine block and seats to cover up those nasty seams.
Attached File  IMG_0871.jpg   63.63KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0870.jpg   73.66KB   8 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0869.jpg   48.39KB   8 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0868.jpg   89.46KB   5 downloads

#51 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

Lookin good your moving alot faster than i am i just got the first coat of primer on lol still a long way to go for me.
What do you have under the hood of that porshe

Using a curbside kit with less than 50pcs helps for a quick build :D . Nothing crazy engine wise for this build as there is no engine in the kit! If I can find the time this weekend, I'll paint the trim and add the lights and call this puppy done.

Then on to the next build!

I like the body work on the Mustang so far, still waiting to see a pic of the engine. Did you ever solve the problem with the door hinges?

Edited by Intmd8r, 11 August 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#52 dyl_w@comcast.net

dyl_w@comcast.net

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

Using a curbside kit with less than 50pcs helps for a quick build :D . Nothing crazy engine wise for this build as there is no engine in the kit! If I can find the time this weekend, I'll paint the trim and add the lights and call this puppy done.

Then on to the next build!

I like the body work on the Mustang so far, still waiting to see a pic of the engine. Did you ever solve the problem with the door hinges?

Yeah ive dicded to go with the classic hinges on it the big goofy wire ones but fourtantly the Dash will cover up most of it.

#53 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

99% Complete!

Attached Files

#54 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Steve that porch looks really good i like the graphics and the colours they all
compliment each other. Not sure i have anything to build that fits in the game
i will go thru and check it out .
MIchael

#55 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Now the completed pics!

Hey, since I'm the first to post pictures of the completed car, does that mean I win the 25m? :lol:

Attached Files

Edited by Intmd8r, 17 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#56 cherokeered

cherokeered

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

I love it....nice job.

#57 dyl_w@comcast.net

dyl_w@comcast.net

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yeah nice job i wish i was finished :( im just now getting ready to lay down paint.

#58 dyl_w@comcast.net

dyl_w@comcast.net

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

My mustang is on hold i dont have any clear glass sigh. If anyone nows where i can find some without buying a new kit.
Thanks
Dylan

#59 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Ely

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hey, since I'm the first to post pictures of the completed car, does that mean I win the 25m? :lol:

Not that it's my CBP, but if it were, I'd say it just gives you the pole at the start! Getting across the country is another thing entirely...

#60 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hey Dylan, any luck with this build?