#21 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Dan, thank you , I think its time to start following them now ;)

They-or some representative from them, always responds to posts. Not always super informative and usually vague, but still much better contact than the US companies on there. How about that!

#22 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Only problem is the Aoshima version cost twice as much as the Tamiya Version..
Just saying.....

#23 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Only problem is the Aoshima version cost twice as much as the Tamiya Version..
Just saying.....

Hmmm, not ture, I paid $33 US for the I Tamiya kit, and I am paying $29 for the Aoshima one, granted the Aoshima one is the pre order price, its still cheaper .

Right now, at hobby search
Tamyia 86 kits is $40.75
Aoshima 86 kit is $35.66

At hobby link japan
Tamyia 86 kit $40.87
Aoshima 86 kit $ 35.76

I am not seeing how the aoshima kit cost more then the tamyia one

Please note, that these are list price, not the current the reduce prices that both are selling the kits for, but either way, tamyia is still more expensive

#24 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Well then, I'll have to wait for my #1 Ebay seller (Tokyo Hobby) to get them in stock and see what they have them for.
The Only one I saw on Ebay was listed at US $79.99
O my :o

#25 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I bought the Subaru version from Tokyo hobby, paid $32. for it

#26 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

I bought the Subaru version from Tokyo hobby, paid $32. for it

I got the Tamiya Toyota from them for that price too..
Guess I'll have to wait till Tokyo Hobby comes back from their Holiday on the 15th to see what they got it for..
Excellent sellers they are.. :D

#27 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

I got the Tamiya Toyota from them for that price too..
Guess I'll have to wait till Tokyo Hobby comes back from their Holiday on the 15th to see what they got it for..
Excellent sellers they are.. :D

I agree, I have serect seller that I buy Japanese kits from, she is cheaper a lot of the times then toyko hobby, shipping too

Tell me about having to wait tell the 15th, Aoshima's 2012 Nissan R35 GTR kit is out, I had one on pre order, I got the email saying time to pay, but I have to wait tell the 15th to get it shipped , bought from HLJ

#28 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

All the Japanese sellers, including manufacturers, take vacation time between 10th-20th this month... It's summer time there for them, so totally understandable :-)
Dan

Agreed, it just sucks about the timing is all :lol: :(

#29 The70judgeman

The70judgeman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Shoberg

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hmmm, not ture, I paid $33 US for the I Tamiya kit, and I am paying $29 for the Aoshima one, granted the Aoshima one is the pre order price, its still cheaper .

Right now, at hobby search
Tamyia 86 kits is $40.75
Aoshima 86 kit is $35.66

At hobby link japan
Tamyia 86 kit $40.87
Aoshima 86 kit $ 35.76

I am not seeing how the aoshima kit cost more then the tamyia one

Please note, that these are list price, not the current the reduce prices that both are selling the kits for, but either way, tamyia is still more expensive

Just out of curiousity, did you buy yours from HLJ? $32+ for the kit, but how much is the shipping. I've never bought anything from them before. One of my LHS's has both, the Tamiya Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ, for a list price of $70+ea, but their price at $51 and change ea. A little bit of sticker shock at either price.

#30 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

Just out of curiousity, did you buy yours from HLJ? $32+ for the kit, but how much is the shipping. I've never bought anything from them before. One of my LHS's has both, the Tamiya Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ, for a list price of $70+ea, but their price at $51 and change ea. A little bit of sticker shock at either price.

It would cost somewhere between $8 & 15 depending on how fast you want it sent to you. Very rarely is any place going to be able to match the price including shipping on a new JDM kit. Something older, then maybe, depending on the exchange rate. I bought a Tamiya 911 GT-3 at a hobby shop because it was $2 cheaper than HLJ, but they wanted $25 more than I paid for my LFA including International FedEx shipping.

#31 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

I might grab one of the Aoshima kits. I actually think these are a nice-looking car.

And if they might be doing some American kits, it'll be nice to see how they build.

Charlie Larkin

#32 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

I bought the Toyota one from a seller on ebay, I cant tell you how much I shipping was, because I bought two kits so shipping was around $20 or so.

If you buy from HLJ, its selling there for $32.64, and this just guess, but shipping will be around $14, thats what I paid for the last two kits I got from them. So you are looking at a total of $46.

Or you can buy from Tokyo hobby on ebay, $32+$12

#33 The70judgeman

The70judgeman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Shoberg

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

It would cost somewhere between $8 & 15 depending on how fast you want it sent to you. Very rarely is any place going to be able to match the price including shipping on a new JDM kit. Something older, then maybe, depending on the exchange rate. I bought a Tamiya 911 GT-3 at a hobby shop because it was $2 cheaper than HLJ, but they wanted $25 more than I paid for my LFA including International FedEx shipping.

I bought the Toyota one from a seller on ebay, I cant tell you how much I shipping was, because I bought two kits so shipping was around $20 or so.

If you buy from HLJ, its selling there for $32.64, and this just guess, but shipping will be around $14, thats what I paid for the last two kits I got from them. So you are looking at a total of $46.

Or you can buy from Tokyo hobby on ebay, $32+$12

Thanks guys. Call it $33... I'd pay that off the shelf...$45-$50+ with or without shipping...no. Just too steep for a 1/24 kit...even for a Tamiya.

#34 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Anyone selling the Aoshima kit for more than $35 has a profit margin well above 200%. I know this because I know the wholesale price.
Dan

HLJ is pre-saling the Aoshima kits for $28.58

#35 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

HLJ is pre-saling the Aoshima kits for $28.58

Yep, I pre ordered mine months ago, the release date is now the 29th of September

#36 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,976 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

:mellow:

#37 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

:mellow:

Posted Image

#38 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

I saw those on FB this morning, it's actually pretty interesting how tossing some Weds Sports on fatter tires and painting it black make it look so much more bad...ahhh sinister that's the ticket! ^_^

I'm anxiously awaiting the release at the end of the month. I see the 101 doesn't have the spoiler and comes with a manual tranny option, the 100 is a "run of the mill" 86 has the spoiler but an automatic.

Edited by niteowl7710, 07 September 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#39 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

I just picked up the Subaru version yesterday, and as posted, the only differences are the body parts that are Subaru specific and that the body is molded in blue instead of white. As mentioned, only the top part of the engine is present, but on the 1:1, that's all you can really see with the hood up anyway. I only have two gipes about the kit, one is the lack of seat backs (easy fix), the other is that it only has the RHD dashboard.
Reading that the Aoshima kit is will the scion FR-S building option, I would take it that it will also have the LHD dash, since the Scion is only sold in North America.

#40 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Reading that the Aoshima kit is will the scion FR-S building option, I would take it that it will also have the LHD dash, since the Scion is only sold in North America.

Correct, it includes both RHD & LHD dashes along with parts/decals to make the JDM 86, the European 86 GT, and the Scion. Aoshima also announced last week they are doing a BRZ version along with the BRZ STi prototype.