Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 STARLINER

brett

A STARLINER!!! IN THE DRAG SECTION ?????? yep its that time again, when the dremel comes out to play, I think y'all should have a pretty good idea where this is heading.

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0826.jpg

DSCF0827.jpg

DSCF0828.jpg

DSCF0829.jpg

the wheelbase is pro mod class legal from stock, I just had to narrow it down through the center a little

This is very cool! Big and good looking Early 60's Car turns out into Pro Sportsman? Pro Mod? Drag Racer. What will be the correct category for this? Great job, looks like the chassis needs some extension. :lol:

Thanks guys, havent done much, lost a great local modeller and friend the other night so have been a bit distracted. Aiming for a top sportsman class build and paint will be two tone, hoping to get back into it at the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, progress has been very slow as my mum had a heart attack a last weekend and is living with us now. Got started by lengthening the floor pan from cutting up another top sportsman kit floor though the remaining pieces are the perfect length for the next doorslammer project. Started scratching up my own cage/ chassis as the kit ones are too short to be used in the longer starliner cabin .

DSCF8001.jpg

DSCF8003-1.jpg

DSCF8004-1.jpg

DSCF8005-1.jpg

DSCF8008.jpg

not real happy with how the cage has turned out so far so may make a brass one anyway. once its been tidied up and primed after the next few bars are added I'll decide then. this will be a nitrous car so will have the big scoop rather than my preferred supercharger

thanks guys, I wanted to outline flames with a color that wouldnt get lost or clash between the two main colors were purple or green only purple I have in brushable form (acrylic) so can get if off if I want to. Was put on over the pearl clear. spears and roof chrome BMF lower rear panel bumpers and sill chrome is alclad

DSCF8004-3.jpg

DSCF8003-3.jpg

DSCF8006-1.jpg

DSCF8007-1.jpg