#21 Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Meaders

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Thanks Derrick, Bill, Romell and Chris. I won't let anything prevent me from being at that Desert Classic next year. I've got her up on wheels and I'm still messing with the body and making radius rods, nerf bars, etc. Like Romell says " details, details, there's always more details until you're finished."Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

very nice craftsmanship Ken! are the wings styrene also?

#23 Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

very nice craftsmanship Ken! are the wings styrene also?

Thank you; they're aluminum on top and styrene in the front.

#24 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

looks fantastic ken!!!! although you might want to straighten up that engine........i think it fell over........hehe. awesome workmanship, man!!!!!!!!!

#25 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

I have all ways loved the way the engines are hangin off the side, it looks just plain wicked!

#26 Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Well Dave since they torque to the right, all I need to do is bust it off and rev her up until she's straight. LOL I love the motors hanging out as well, Bill. You even get more left side weight by tilting them over about 40 degrees because of the weight of the heads. I got some more done today. These are crazy radical race cars, aren't they?Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

Paint and numbers.Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

thats just plain cool Ken! would love to try and build one someday, can I take it around a couple laps? PLEASE? very nice work man!

do these cars have a cubic inch limit? or is it anything you can hang off the side?

Edited by vintagedragfan, 02 September 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#29 Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Bill, it is governed by what ever association your running in. Some rules say 481 cu in and some (especially back in the day) say "'run what you brung". They have an 1850 lbs min. weight limit with a max of 100" wheel base and an 85" max. wheel track. No clutch or flywheel; the drive line hooks right to the crank shaft (more or less). The wings and suspension are all up to the builder. There aren't many classes left, in racing, where you can do that, anymore. One of the cool things is the wings that move up and down during corning and the driver can move it back and forward as the track changes, from the cockpit. Personally, I think these cars should be the ones running the Indy 500 instead of the Batmobiles that currently race there.

#30 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Bill, it is governed by what ever association your running in. Some rules say 481 cu in and some (especially back in the day) say "'run what you brung". They have an 1850 lbs min. weight limit with a max of 100" wheel base and an 85" max. wheel track. No clutch or flywheel; the drive line hooks right to the crank shaft (more or less). The wings and suspension are all up to the builder. There aren't many classes left, in racing, where you can do that, anymore. One of the cool things is the wings that move up and down during corning and the driver can move it back and forward as the track changes, from the cockpit. Personally, I think these cars should be the ones running the Indy 500 instead of the Batmobiles that currently race there.

I agree with you on the indy thing! lol they are very similar to outlaw cars with the driveline and adjustable wings, way too cool!

#31 Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Finished. Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

WOW!............no wait.......double WOW!!!!!!!! fantastic job ken!!!!!!!! i love it.