49 replies to this topic

#41 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

OOps, I fergot that the hood was painted. My bad. I can remove this ifin ya like. Just let me know. ;) :mellow: :( :) Dan

#42 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

I really want to join this. Ive got a vintage 40 Ford coupe in black, the sedan in maroon, and a host of monogram stuff. BUT, I've also got about two dozen works in progress. Choices choices.............

#43 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,418 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Welcome to the club, Glenn. That's fine. So many WIPs and so little time, but that's the fun of it, I guess.

#44 modelbuilder22

modelbuilder22

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Full Name:Richie Devotie

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

hey doc iam in, iam entering the 1950 chevy texaco truck iam building. i just uploaded my video about it on youtube. my channel is modelbuilder22 if you wana keep with the build. the only thing that gets painted is the tire fenders is that ok or not? if not i can just leave the fenders alone. I'd figured since the texaco truck is white it would be perfect for this. btw this is my first community build. if you wana watch the video wait till later today as for some reason it takes a while to upload to youtube on my phone. i all ready have one video up on the channel about the truck. Thanks doc for all your tips on model building

#45 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Cosby

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Here's my contribution:

Attached Files

#46 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Cosby

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

......and here's a pic of an unpolished part for comparison:

Attached Files

#47 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Beautiful polishing on that body Steve, that should be one sweet ride when it's done!

#48 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

OK, I'm finally going to post my completed "Naked" build. I did this one on commission for a guy who can't build any more due to arthritis. It's an original issue Monogram 1934 Dusenberg SJ Slot-Car kit, originally released (If I recall what he said) in 1964. And the kicker was, he wanted it built as if I was back in 1964. Heck, I was born in December of 1963, I would have probably ate half the parts! :lol:

What he meant was, no decals (They were worthless anyhow), no mold line removal (They were minimal, why can't they do that today?), and no fixing of any flaws in the kit. He wouldn't even allow me to clean up the parts when I removed them from the sprues, so I worked very carefully, and it came out nicely, even without painting!

Being that the customer is always right, I built it the way he wanted, but begged him to let me polish the plastic, and paint the driver's goggles, visor, and the plate he sits on, so he allowed that much. This kit went together beautifully, and Robert was extremely happy with it when I delivered it to him,. He took it for one lap around his track, then put it in his display case, never to be driven again!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Custom Mike, 19 September 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#49 Pullin Gears

Pullin Gears

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Kovach

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Thought I would share a model I already have in my collection. It is a 1987 Camaro promo. The raw plastic was "polished" with pledge floor cleaner. Grill/headlights and such were detail painted.
Posted Image

#50 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,418 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Beautiful work, folks. Keep it comin'!