#41 Shardik

Shardik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Full Name:Johann H. Buerfeind V

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

All the little details and weathering really brought this one to life! Nice job!

#42 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Roger, This was indeed a learning project for me as well. In the past it was mostly just black washes and some "oil" messes on chassis etc. Check out Youtube for videos on weathering tips. There are a lot of trains and military subjects, but it still applies to the auto world many times as well.

Chuck, Terry, Steve, Michael, Ira, Johann, thanks guysI I tried to learn as I went along, and maybe can apply what I learned to future projects

Ray, what part of Arizona? You going to Modelzona in Nov?

#43 Randy D

Randy D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Ditton

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hi Mark, That is a good looking build topped off with a very realistic finish! Great results!!!

Randy

#44 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hi Mark, That is a good looking build topped off with a very realistic finish! Great results!!!

Randy

Thanks Randy!

#45 joeym

joeym

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Merfalen

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Awesome job. Vans are such great subjects.

#46 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

WOW, I don't know how I missed this build. Great job. Very nice weathering job and it looks just right. I like the name of your business fer sure. I have a hauling business with a similar but a tad bit different name.

Posted Image

Great minds think alike fer sure. :lol: :lol: Dan

#47 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Awesome job. Vans are such great subjects.

Thanks Joey!

WOW, I don't know how I missed this build. Great job. Very nice weathering job and it looks just right. I like the name of your business fer sure. I have a hauling business with a similar but a tad bit different name.

Great minds think alike fer sure. :lol: :lol: Dan

Dan, that is a great pickup! I have a couple more projects on the back-burner that are also play on words.

#48 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

Thanks Mark and I can't wait to see what you come up with next. This truck is a dump truck. If you like, there are more pics in my photobucket of it. Again, nice job on your truck. Did the wheels and tires you used come in the same kit? I think that I'm going to try and find one of those Dodges at some of the shows that I go to even if it is a bad kit. :) Dan

#49 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Thanks Mark and I can't wait to see what you come up with next. This truck is a dump truck. If you like, there are more pics in my photobucket of it. Again, nice job on your truck. Did the wheels and tires you used come in the same kit? I think that I'm going to try and find one of those Dodges at some of the shows that I go to even if it is a bad kit. :) Dan

Dan, I grabbed those from my "parts bin" but I am pretty sure the tires came from the first issue of the Dodge Ram truck when they did the kit of the new body style maybe 12 years ago? something like that. I think the rims may have been a spare option from the same kit, but I would not swear to that.

I will check out more of your pics, possibly later tonight if I can. I am just getting to weathering some model. I am just finishing up a MASH 4077 kit of the jeep ad tent, no in progress shots, but hope to have it done this weekend.

#50 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Weathering can be a lot of fun fer sure. I enjoy doing that. I'd like to see some pics of the MASH unit when you get that finished. :) Dan

#51 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Weathering can be a lot of fun fer sure. I enjoy doing that. I'd like to see some pics of the MASH unit when you get that finished. :) Dan

Here you go. Just finished up the Mash kit this weekend. Pics did not come out as well as I would have liked tho, but here you go.
http://public.fotki....2013/mash-4077/

I will post a few here as well.

#52 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Nice M.A.S.H. unit you got there Mark. What scale did you build it in? Great stuff fer sure. :) Dan

#53 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

Nice M.A.S.H. unit you got there Mark. What scale did you build it in? Great stuff fer sure. :) Dan

1:35 which is unusual for me. I mostly build 1:25 but it was a subject matter that I liked, so why not! Thanks