#1 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts
  • Full Name:Marcos Cruz

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image This kit was a lot of fun to build, I just hope my nephew likes it, it will be going to Florida so I will have to be thinking on how I am going to be wrapping it up to make sure it gets there with all it's limbs intact!!!!!

#2 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image I love the way the spoiler looked on this model, it gives it a lot of character, I just wished it could have been a little lower but I did not have a lot of time to play with the ride height............ ;)

#3 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:22 PM

Posted Image I also thought the rims were pretty neat on this model, they came right out of the box............

#4 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:29 PM

http://s99.photobuck...nt=DSC01831.jpg Here is the link with the rest of the pictures I took while building this thing..............

#5 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Full Name:Ismael E. Gonzalez-Valentin

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:52 AM

Cool bug! I love the color...
As for packaging and shipping, there is a thread about that topic when I shipped the blue Ferrari a few months ago. Basically, I tightly covered the model in flannel cloth, tissue paper and foam, inside a display case. The display case was taped close and centered inside a bigger box with bubble wrap and crushed newspapers. I think the only problem was that the hood and a wiper got loose in transit, but no damage.

Thanks,

#6 Andy Wyatt

Andy Wyatt

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:45 AM

Great job as always Cruz! Hope it gets to your nephew o.k. Onlything I'd be worried about is the antenna breaking off.

#7 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

Yeah man, the antenna is also my concern but I have a little trick for that. I will follow Ismaels advice also, the Ferrari he sent over here was for a friend of mine in the CPMCC Club and it looked like it made it fine..........

#8 sjordan

sjordan

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Killer paint – the metallic is unusually refined for this scale. What did you use?

#9 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:22 PM

Killer paint – the metallic is unusually refined for this scale. What did you use?

That is just the Mica Blue from Tamiya right out of the can man, with no clear......... :)