#1 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Well to heck with the whole "will they or won't they" will Revell & iHobby. Pish-posh with waiting for the Japanese Model Show! Aoshima released their flyer today so let's see what there is to drool upon. Pardon my Japanese not being up to snuff... :lol:

Posted Image

(Tentative)
October 2011 --
2012 Subaru BR-Z
2012 Nissan GT-R Pure Edition Left Hand Drive - Basically the same kit as the one they just released last week, but now with the steering wheel on the U.S./European side of things.
2010 Mitsubishi Evo X - this appears to be a straight reissue of the earlier kit, and not the one with LHD (of which there are like 4-5 Evo X kits, only one has a LHD option)

November 2011 -- *These are both reissues of older kits that are kind of hard to find, or find cheap anyway*
Toyota Rav4 (1990)
Honda Prelude Si VTEC 4WS

December 2011 --
Subaru BR-Z STi Concept (Holy HOTNESS Batman)
2012 Nissan GT-R Egoist -- Video Here -- Basically a ubertuned V-Spec with a fancy interior and a 15 million Yen ($191,742.20) price tag - Video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODD7pgeDOjU

The entire flyer for those wanting 1/700 ships, 1/12 Motorcycles, wheels, etc, etc
Posted Image

Edited by niteowl7710, 10 September 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#2 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Happy about the Mad max re-release,just wish they made a version for the first movie.

#3 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Lots of reissues and modified reissues it looks like. I'd like to see them do the newest Lexus GS and LS and Infiniti M.

#4 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Yes please, I will take one each of the BRZ kits, you betcha I will be getting the R35 GTR kit

#5 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

I want to know when the Toyota 86/Scion with wheel option and the Japanese version of the Aventador are going to be release before I really start thinking about next year, and the fall winter :lol:

#6 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Phil de la Cour

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

I'm happy that the MM car's got PE this time around. I've got the resin parts to convert it back to MM1, somebody needs to start remaking them.

#7 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

I want to know when the Toyota 86/Scion with wheel option and the Japanese version of the Aventador are going to be release before I really start thinking about next year, and the fall winter :lol:

The "Japanese" version of the Aventador is the one that HLJ carries and is on back order, so it's already out, you missed it :lol: The Scion/Toyota is due out on the 24th.

I'll take one each of the BRZ, both of the GT-Rs (kind of glad I never pulled the trigger on the one they just issued, now I can build the U.S. version with the one that comes out next month), and maybe the RAV 4 just cause...pretty sure I already own the Prelude, or at least a version of it in the "New Trend USA" series.

I wonder if they've considered re-tooling up the SL to reflect the 2012 AMG version? Hate to see that series die off after 3 kits.

Posted Image

So I wonder what Fujimi has cooking...still waiting on the 2010 update to the Lexus LS600hL that got pushed back.

Edited by niteowl7710, 10 September 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#8 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

I agree, I would like to see that 2012 SL AMG in kit form

James, is this the one you are talking about?, its on the way to me as we speak
http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS00142

I meant the overseas addition, my mistake

#9 Frank

Frank

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Happy about the Mad max re-release,just wish they made a version for the first movie.

Not much chance of that happening, the guy that owns the 1:1 wants 1 million dollars for the license

#10 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I've brought this up with Aoshima HQ, on behalf of many Aussie modellers, and unfortunately it can't be done because of Licensing issues. The current owner of the MM1 car want's close to $10 million for any licensing.... So it won't be getting kitted anytime soon...
Dan

That is the cost he wants

You know what I find funny, the price of the Fujimi Aventador keeps dropping on ebay, I remember when it was first released, it was going to cost close $80 to get one(thats including shipping), now I see them going for around $50 , glad I waited, it pays to be a cheapskate at times :lol:

#11 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'd like to see the new 991 generation Porsche 911 kitted, and the new generation Boxster as well. The new Merc SL would be nice, but I think the previous gen looked better.

So I wonder what Fujimi has cooking...still waiting on the 2010 update to the Lexus LS600hL that got pushed back.

I wonder if they are going to skip that and do the facelifted 2013 instead...

Posted Image

Some new British subject kits would be great also, cars like the upcoming Jaguar F-Type, Land Rover Evoque, Bentley Continental GT and Supersports...

Edited by Rob Hall, 10 September 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#12 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

I would like to see some British cars come out, old or new, either way

Speaking of the F-type, I saw one today heading west on Bell Rd south of 101, it was in camouflage, it said F-type on the driver side

#13 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I would like to see some British cars come out, old or new, either way

Speaking of the F-type, I saw one today heading west on Bell Rd south of 101, it was in camouflage, it said F-type on the driver side

Cool...I've started seeing photos of some camoed ones around the 'net. Speaking of seeing prototypes on the road, a few years ago I saw an Audi A7 undisguised down on I-10 near Firebird Raceway a couple times about 6 months before it was on sale...

#14 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

I use to see a lot of motor test cars on grand ave all the time many years ago, but this is the first in cameo car I have seen on the road. We do have a lot of proving grounds in state

#15 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

I use to see a lot of motor test cars on grand ave all the time many years ago, but this is the first in cameo car I have seen on the road. We do have a lot of proving grounds in state

Yes we do... I've seen a few camoed cars in Colorado in the past..up in the mountains and around the Pikes Peak area....

Back in 2006 a couple years before the Pontiac G8 came out I saw three undisguised LHD Holden Commodores w/ Michigan plates and Holden badging in a restaurant parking lot in a Denver suburb.

#16 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yes we do... I've seen a few camoed cars in Colorado in the past..up in the mountains and around the Pikes Peak area....

Back in 2006 a couple years before the Pontiac G8 came out I saw three undisguised LHD Holden Commodores w/ Michigan plates and Holden badging in a restaurant parking lot in a Denver suburb.

Now that would of been cool to see, I know why the Manufactures chose AZ for testing, but why CO, is it cold weather ? or altitude

#17 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Now that would of been cool to see, I know why the Manufactures chose AZ for testing, but why CO, is it cold weather ? or altitude

Yes, mostly high-altitude testing...and I've read they use Pikes Peak for brake testing. GM used to have a shop in Manitou Springs for that, IIRC.

#18 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Yes, mostly high-altitude testing...and I've read they use Pikes Peak for brake testing. GM used to have a shop in Manitou Springs for that, IIRC.

That makes sense, brake testing at pikes peaks, bad place for a new brake design to fail

#19 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

I agree, I would like to see that 2012 SL AMG in kit form

James, is this the one you are talking about?, its on the way to me as we speak
http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS00142

I meant the overseas addition, my mistake

They were both released at the same time, but I don't think HLJ (for obvious reasons) isn't going to carry export market one. I'm not sure what online retailers will sell Aoshima stuff (Tower Hobbies only lists 3 kits). There's always eBay I guess, but the kits need to get on our shores first. I say by-pass it and get the JDM one instead, it's the one with the entire engine, rather than a chunk of block and some top-end parts.

#20 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,633 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

GM's "High Altitude Proving Grounds" facility was in Manitou Springs for decades. The shops were on Canon Avenue, tucked in next to the Arcade. The "test track" was Pikes Peak and Ute Pass.

The engineer-in-charge was a local Manitou guy (born and raised there) who went off to engineering school, got degreed, signed on with GM and landed the coveted job in his home town. Other engineers came in from around GM's world as needed for specific 'jobs.'

GM shuttled test mules, concept vehicles, new-development modified current models, future cars and trucks, and every competitor's similar vehicles in and out of Manitou for exhaustive testing. Testing was largely 'up and down, up and down' on the Pikes Peak Highway.

It was always interesting to be on the midnight shift (as a Manitou cop) when the GM trucks rolled in. They off-loaded on the street (the property was too tight for the really big rigs) in the middle of the night so they could sneak the goodies behind the fence with the minimum number of prying eyes.

When they brought in the way, way pre-production Gen 4 Corvette test mules and competitors for testing, it was a sight to behold! Three trucks full of the most exotic sports cars on the planet (Jags, Porsches, a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, et al) and several variations of Corvettes in a strange new shape ~ small blocks, big blocks, carbureted, fuel-injected, turbo-charged and supercharged, all-wheel drive, conventional rear wheel drive, and one ... the only one ... they wouldn't let me see - but it had a lot of distance between the seats and the rear wheel wells ...

I asked once why they ran them up and down Pikes Peak when there were tourists all over the place. The answer was two-fold: They only ran the super-secret stuff on Pikes Peak in the early mornings before the toll road opened to the public (okay, made sense) and the rest of the day they ran the more ordinary-looking mules and camoflaged stuff when the tourists were everywhere. Besides, most of the tourists had their minds quite occupied while driving on Pikes Peak, and they seldom paid any attention to odd-looking vehicles. The biggest exposure risk was when the engineers stopped for coffee and the world-famous doughnuts at the summit house.

One final note about the Manitou "proving grounds." Those years that GM provided pace cars and official cars to the Pikes Peak Auto Hillclimb, they were really, really good to us! All the actual pace cars were specially-tuned and groomed at the Manitou facility. And, being a "Friend of the General" I got to sneak my assigned "Official Pace Car" replicas in for "tweaks" also.

Those were the good old years!

B)