#1 m3m

m3m

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Full Name:.

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

this was built after i went to the local circle track. just an old cuda build turned into a racer. i usually build drag cars, really no idea about these cars. tell me what you think! thanks jeryd
Posted Image

#2 m3m

m3m

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

slow down guys, don't post so fast, ! just kidding! i thought it was pretty good! but maybe not! have a good one guys.

#3 Fisher61

Fisher61

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Full Name:William

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

No, I think it's great build, just what a dirt track car should look like! But I wouldn't cut up a '71 cuda in 2007, But you would have seen this at the local tracks back in the late 70's or early 80's ! The only thing I would tell you is to remove the door handle and cover the hole with some sheetmetal [styrene in this case!] and make it look like it was pop-riveted on .

#4 m3m

m3m

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

thanks! i agree nobody would cut up one of these now, (having owned a 70 for 15 years, and 2 other cudas in the family, i know how hard it is to get parts, plus man they sure have gone threw the roof almost rediculous!) but that is a great idea on the door handels, i will try that! thanks.

#5 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

Nice build, I recognize it as a short track late model asphalt model (dirt track racers usually have treaded tires) LOL

#6 Scoopdaddy

Scoopdaddy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

Hey Jeryd, Nice build. You have the idea. I really like the hood modification and your decal placement. Horsepower has it right with the tire issue. I would also suggest some screen or a few bars where the windshild would go. :D

Let's Mudd it up !!

Scoop

#7 Robert81

Robert81

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Taphorn

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:57 AM

No, I think it's great build, just what a dirt track car should look like! But I wouldn't cut up a '71 cuda in 2007, But you would have seen this at the local tracks back in the late 70's or early 80's !

actually i saw a 70 challanger in 2000 at a small (5/8 mile) circle track in my home town running in street stock (stripped down street car with a cage, some motor and chassis work). i cried for it. it was its first race and was in not bad shape at the time.

Edited by Robert81, 23 August 2007 - 11:00 AM.

#8 m3m

m3m

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

yea i think i will try that! the window screen, but no mudd! lol!

#9 Fisher61

Fisher61

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Full Name:William

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

actually i saw a 70 challanger in 2000 at a small (5/8 mile) circle track in my home town running in street stock (stripped down street car with a cage, some motor and chassis work). i cried for it. it was its first race and was in not bad shape at the time.

Yeah, I know that feeling ! Back about 10 years ago there were a couple of brothers at a local dirt track here running a '74 Charger and a '73 Roadrunner ! And they were winning alot with these heavy old Mopars, beating alot of guys running GM G-bodys !

#10 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts
  • Full Name:Marcos Cruz

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

Not a big subject with me but certainly a very nice build :) :lol: