#1 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I checked on their website and checked the two stores that were authorized sellers of plastikote.Places I have checked:Northern tool, do it best,lowes,target,home depot, walmart, autozone ,o' reillys and k-mart.Where can I localy get this stuff?

#2 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

I don't use it anymore, but I used to get it at NAPA

#3 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

http://www.plastikote.com/index.jsp

Punch in your zip-code.

#4 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

I bought a can at Car Quest auto parts.

#5 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for the link but the two stores that showed up on the list didn't even know what it was.

#6 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

I've bought it at CarQuest also.

#7 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

I bought several cans recently at Ollie's for a buck-fifty a piece, seems they got a bunch of them when they pushed out the little cans of DupliColor from the NAPA Warehouse in Denver.

#8 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

I've bought it at CarQuest also.

Yep

#9 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

Amazon, I got all the colors. Price plus shipping was significantly lower than when I had the ( now defunct ) Car Quest store order for me.

#10 gluebomb

gluebomb

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Full Name:Gary R. Sauer

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

The CarQuest store I work at has it, matter of fact we have about 6 cans on the shelf.

#11 Prime

Prime

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Full Name:William Soriano

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

CARQUEST
1201 North Main St.
Shelbyville, TN 37160
(931)684-8162

#12 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,674 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

Without a doubt - Car Quest. I'm about sick of driving 20 miles to the Car Quest store for Plast-i-cote. I usually try to hit the place around lunchtime and I stop at Taco Bell on the way home.

I'm now in the process of switching over to the Duplicolor brand. The last 2 cans of Plasticote primer/filler clogged up on me. I complained to Plasticote and they sent me a check to cover the cost of 1 can. The 3rd can clogged up too, so I sent Plasticote another email telling them how unhappy I was with their product and will be switching to Duplicolor unless they do something positive. No word in over 3 weeks. It's only a 5 mile ride to Advanced Auto Parts for Duplicolor. No Taco Bell on the way though.

#13 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Since Valspar own Plastikote is their primer the same?Or will it eat plastic. I also know about the place in Shelbyville,I just don't want to drive 23 miles for a can of primer.

#14 Qwit Pushin

Qwit Pushin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Grover

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey, ladies and fellas,

I just returned from a nearly 2-hour search of various paint retailers all over Sacramento in search of ANYONE carrying Plasti-cote sandable primer. NO LUCK. I checked online and it reported that Pep Boys, Target, Michaels and Sears all carried the product but after visiting each of these, I found that none of them do, (and in two cases, never did.)

Anybody know of a retailer carrying Plast-cote? I know there are substitutes, but this has been my 'go-to' product and I'd like to continue with it if at all possible.

Thanks.

-Mike

#15 ffreak

ffreak

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Full Name:Danny Edwards

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I feel your pain Mike. It has always been my go to primer but everyone quit carrying it around here. But I recently discovered that all Carquest auto parts stores carry it !! I found one within 30 miles of me and called and they had it. I've made several trips there and loaded up on it and they restock it !! Don't know if you have any of those around you but check around and see. I've also found it online before to order, but minumum orders and shipping charges stopped me in my tracks for that. Good luck. :rolleyes:

#16 Qwit Pushin

Qwit Pushin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Grover

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

I feel your pain Mike. It has always been my go to primer but everyone quit carrying it around here. But I recently discovered that all Carquest auto parts stores carry it !! I found one within 30 miles of me and called and they had it. I've made several trips there and loaded up on it and they restock it !! Don't know if you have any of those around you but check around and see. I've also found it online before to order, but minumum orders and shipping charges stopped me in my tracks for that. Good luck. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Danny, a Google search reveals 3 Carquest stores in Sacramento, I'll check it out tomorrow. Appreciate the heads up. :D

#17 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I can agree with Danny, the one and only can I bought was from a car quest

#18 935k3

935k3

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Tractor Supply stores did sell the Gray but now they sold their soul to the garbage from Rustolem. I get gray and white at a local AutoQuest store in Mechanicsburg, PA. It's worth looking for, nothing sands better.

#19 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Amazon, I got all the colors. Price plus shipping was significantly lower than when I had the ( now defunct ) Car Quest store order for me.

Wow, that store must of had a hell of a mark up on the primer, I just checked, it was going to cost me $14 to buy a can from amazon, vs. the $10 at the car quest store

#20 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,924 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have seen this primer at Blain's Farm & Fleet stores in the SE WI area, though not at Mills Fleet Farm (don't ask, long story on the two close but different store names), and it was definitely less than $8.00/can. I want to say $5.99 or so?