Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kodak Olds #4 Erine Irvan WIP

martinfan5

Up next in my quest to get all of the Ernie rides built that I have not done yet, or rebuild some of them, its the #4 Kodak Olds , I am using a Revellogram #75 Dinner Bell olds kit, lucky me, its molded in yellow :D . I will be uisng kit decals.

Not much is done, I striped the chrome tree, and glued the front and rear bumpers on

p1-74.jpg

That's better than Junior, too many of those out there already :lol:

Good point, I really dont want to be called Jr. for many reason's :lol:

So I had a duh moment, I painted the chassis the wrong color, the kodak cars had black chassis not gray, so instead of painting over a perfectly good gray painted chassis, I switching chassis with a lumina kit out of the stash so I can paint this one black

Looking good. If it was me I would use a 1/2" brush and brush paint the inside, you can barely see in there anyway and flat black goes on pretty easily. I've learned over the years to paint the interior of the body first thing before I do any outside prep. It's easily touched up after the bodywork and paint is done.

Edited by bbowser

Looking good. If it was me I would use a 1/2" brush and brush paint the inside, you can barely see in there anyway and flat black goes on pretty easily. I've learned over the years to paint the interior of the body first thing before I do any outside prep. It's easily touched up after the bodywork and paint is done.

Bruce, thats what I did, used a brush, now the funny thing, I did paint the inside of the body first, the wrong color just like I did with the chassis