Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Plymouth stock car

shafer

Cool! Glad they got there quick. So what did you think of the manifold? Do you think you can use it? I just put it in as an afterthought. The plastic one is from the old MPC stock car series.

I am going to use the manifold - the car is now finished except for the engine bay . I purchased a junk kit allready assembled off of ebay just for the hemi engine .Waiting on that to complete. Thanks so much for all you guys help , I will update the pix this pm ,

quick ? on this car is the engine orange or dark blue. The hemi on display in RP the museum in Randelman is dark blue .

here is the finished product except for the engine , the hemi is on its way! Thanks to all who contributed to this build. This was by far the most challenging build I have ever built. I am experienced out of the box but a novice when it comes to combining parts from other kits. I hadfun with it though. I have had troubles with my pictures sizes recently so these are just thumbnails , if you would like to see the whole build click here> There are 116 photos http://pettymodelcar...lbumid=13852726

post-10186-0-60040100-1348864382.jpg

Edited by shafer

Clyde, for a first attempt at a kitbash, you've done a very admirable job at capturing the look of the car. Are there issues as far as total accuracy? Sure. However you are in a learning curve right now so focus on what you did right and well, and be very proud of this build. When it comes to the next one those things will be second nature and you can focus on what you want to improve. My little league coach once told me "There's no shame in a swing and a miss as long as you did your best and learned something". I think you've done a great job and i've seen the real car up close. Alot of us chimed in to help out, but you had the guts to ask for help. Thumbs up my friend!

Clyde, for a first attempt at a kitbash, you've done a very admirable job at capturing the look of the car. Are there issues as far as total accuracy? Sure. However you are in a learning curve right now so focus on what you did right and well, and be very proud of this build. When it comes to the next one those things will be second nature and you can focus on what you want to improve. My little league coach once told me "There's no shame in a swing and a miss as long as you did your best and learned something". I think you've done a great job and i've seen the real car up close. Alot of us chimed in to help out, but you had the guts to ask for help. Thumbs up my friend!

Thank you so much - don't get me wrong , I have kitbashed before see my 70 roadrunner, but not to this extent. usually , I would slip in a few roll bars and add different wheels to a stock kit and paint it and be on my merry way , much like I did with my superbird build back in 01 (which is located here http://pettymodelcar...lbumid=14026589 ), but this car is the first that is really looks like a race car, not just a street car with a couple of add on parts. Thanks for all the help. I got lots more to build . My next kit will be the '72 charger 1/16 scale streetburner kit- I am searching the net now for someone who will sell me the 1985 43 stp decals from the pontiac 1/16 kit - i can make those work. If memory serves that charger is set up already as a stock car with rollcage and chassis and wheels. we shall see! going to Hobby Lobby tommorow with my 40% off coupon.

Edited by shafer

Well Clyde, I hope you see this first. I have those decals, but there's a better choice available if you look around. There's a guy that has actual Charger decals available. The 1985 decals are missing too many markers that the Charger has.

Secondly, the 1/16th Street Charger is a 73/74 style not a '72 and although based on the original 1973 Petty Charger kit it IS a street vehicle. Finally in two months the 1/16th Petty Charger kit should be on the shelves. Round 2 is re-issuing the kit in it's original form and trust me on this...you'll be much happier with it. This kit is still being touted as one of the most accurate NASCAR kits...EVER. ;)

4320STP201974201-1620dec.jpg

If you do have or get a 1985 kit, the engine would be a great swap item for a 1974 to 77 Charger.

Edited by MAGNUM4342

Well Clyde, I hope you see this first. I have those decals, but there's a better choice available if you look around. There's a guy that has actual Charger decals available. The 1985 decals are missing too many markers that the Charger has.

Secondly, the 1/16th Street Charger is a 73/74 style not a '72 and although based on the original 1973 Petty Charger kit it IS a street vehicle. Finally in two months the 1/16th Petty Charger kit should be on the shelves. Round 2 is re-issuing the kit in it's original form and trust me on this...you'll be much happier with it. This kit is still being touted as one of the most accurate NASCAR kits...EVER. ;)

4320STP201974201-1620dec.jpg

If you do have or get a 1985 kit, the engine would be a great swap item for a 1974 to 77 Charger.

Thanks - I'll try something new,