hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hi Guys,
I am building a civilian version of an Oshkosh M978. This is a military fuel tanker based on the HEMTT chassis
.Posted Image
My question is: “What color(s) are the chassis components?” I am planning on painting the frame itself the body color. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

David

#2 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Not Oshkosh specific, but body color, black or a medium dark grey would be my choice based on most trucks I've seen. Body color seems to be more common on higher end stuff where they don't mind paying a little extra to make things prettier.

#3 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Full Name:TJ Bender

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hey bud. Could you give me some detailed dimensions on the cab and stuff? I want to build one in 1:24 scale since no one sells much military in this scale. Thanks.

#4 hooknladderno1

hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Not Oshkosh specific, but body color, black or a medium dark grey would be my choice based on most trucks I've seen. Body color seems to be more common on higher end stuff where they don't mind paying a little extra to make things prettier.

Aaron,
Thanks for your reply. I am in the process of painting the chassis components like the axles, springs, etc. Busy at work at the moment. I will update the build thread soon.

Hey bud. Could you give me some detailed dimensions on the cab and stuff? I want to build one in 1:24 scale since no one sells much military in this scale. Thanks.

JT,
I don't have a 1/35 scale ruler to convert the measurements for you. I WISH that someone made a 1/24-1/25 scale kit of the M978! One modeler built a large scale R/C version that is easily found on the Internet. You may want to pick up a 1/35 scale kit to use as a master to get your shapes and measurement conversions. Good luck.

David