So What's next in line for the Revell '32 Ford ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
65 replies to this topic

Poll: What's Next for Revells '32 Fords ? (109 member(s) have cast votes)

What Would You like to see next in the Revell '32 Ford series ?

1. Victoria (25 votes [22.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.94%

2. Phaeton (7 votes [6.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.42%

3. B-400 Convertable Sedan (14 votes [12.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

4. Closed Cab Pick Up (42 votes [38.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.53%

5. Voted Sedan Delivery / Panel (21 votes [19.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Andrey

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

would like to see a chopped coupe and sedan bodies.

I agree. I would like to see chopped coupe and sedan, but with 40s/50s period correct parts (engines, chassis, suspensions, axles, etc). I would very much like an option to build them as stock cars or period correct hot rods. Most of the Revell 32 Ford kits now have modern street rod engines and suspensions, which I am personally not a fan of since I like traditional hot rods.

#22 Blackout Racing

Blackout Racing

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Peak

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Oh, how about a 32 Chevy?

#23 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

I don't think you can make a good '32 Chevy out of a '32 Ford :huh:

#24 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

l have been considering filling the rear windows of my sedan to make a delivery. Aren't the dimensions the same?

#25 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Is this one next ? It should be.

Posted Image

#26 38 Crush

38 Crush

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Full Name:Harold

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Already got mine......From the Danbury mint! :lol:

#27 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Already got mine......From the Danbury mint! :lol:

Well? :blink: ...Lets see it? :rolleyes:

#28 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

McMullens '32 is the quintescential rod. Why it never got done is a mystery to me.

#29 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Revell has been doing a good job in the 2000's of creating a "Parts Box" series from its '32's and the coming Stacey David car with the first non-"Fat Front Tire" syndrome release and its SBC is another in this trend. I notice in my own builds that I buy the 5-window for its deck lid and matching hood side panels, its hairpins, and certain interior elements, all of which are unique to that variation. I buy the old Roadster kit for the highboy style hood side panels, and the Tudor Sedan for the flathead. Interestingly the 3-window has little unique to offer and suffers from some small incompatibilities with the other kits - a sign that back in the 90's Revell hadn't quite figured out that they could drive increased sales by stressing parts interchangeability. For this reason I only buy the 3-window for the basic body style. Revell has tacitly recognized this shortcoming by re-releasing the 3-window as a value priced Monogram offering.

I agree with Bill, they should begin to offer additional chassis variations with subsequent releases. I notice that the clear leader in the voting is the Pickup, and I think this would be a perfect opportunity to offer a buggy spring rear end and even an I-Beam front. I'm certain that with a strongly delineated difference in the chassis and compatibility with previous kits the marketplace would readily "forgive" omitting the now traditional second engine option. How about a pickup with two I-Beam front axles (stock in plain plastic and a dropped version on the chrome tree), a buggy spring rear end with an unplated stock banjo and a plated quickchange center section, stock front wishbone (again unplated) and optional plated hairpins, and a flathead with a stock carburetor setup and the tri-carbs and finned heads from the sedan? Also, proper narrow wire wheels for the stock build which would be instant hits with both the Traditional and Rat Rod builders. Those wide chromed wires in the sedan kit almost never get used because Revell insisted on perpetuating the by now out of date tires from the first two kits.

Edited by Bernard Kron, 17 October 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#30 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

I nominate Bernard for head of model-car development at Revell.

#31 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

I nominate Bernard for head of model-car development at Revell.

:lol: :lol: :D :P I respectfully decline, since, as we all know, we car modelers are an ornery bunch and, whereas I can dish it out, gosh knows I can't take it! :lol: :lol: :D :P
(BTW, my instincts are far from infallible - I'm one of the two so far that voted for a Phaeton... :huh: :P)

Edited by Bernard Kron, 17 October 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#32 LDO

LDO

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

A '29 Roadster body with optional Duvall windshield.

#33 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

Revell has been doing a good job in the 2000's of creating a "Parts Box" series from its '32's and the coming Stacey David car with the first non-"Fat Front Tire" syndrome release and its SBC is another in this trend. I notice in my own builds that I buy the 5-window for its deck lid and matching hood side panels, its hairpins, and certain interior elements, all of which are unique to that variation. I buy the old Roadster kit for the highboy style hood side panels, and the Tudor Sedan for the flathead. Interestingly the 3-window has little unique to offer and suffers from some small incompatibilities with the other kits - a sign that back in the 90's Revell hadn't quite figured out that they could drive increased sales by stressing parts interchangeability. For this reason I only buy the 3-window for the basic body style. Revell has tacitly recognized this shortcoming by re-releasing the 3-window as a value priced Monogram offering.

I agree with Bill, they should begin to offer additional chassis variations with subsequent releases. I notice that the clear leader in the voting is the Pickup, and I think this would be a perfect opportunity to offer a buggy spring rear end and even an I-Beam front. I'm certain that with a strongly delineated difference in the chassis and compatibility with previous kits the marketplace would readily "forgive" omitting the now traditional second engine option. How about a pickup with two I-Beam front axles (stock in plain plastic and a dropped version on the chrome tree), a buggy spring rear end with an unplated stock banjo and a plated quickchange center section, stock front wishbone (again unplated) and optional plated hairpins, and a flathead with a stock carburetor setup and the tri-carbs and finned heads from the sedan? Also, proper narrow wire wheels for the stock build which would be instant hits with both the Traditional and Rat Rod builders. Those wide chromed wires in the sedan kit almost never get used because Revell insisted on perpetuating the by now out of date tires from the first two kits.

This has to be the "go-to" thread on this topic. Mr. Kron has hit the nail (Nail head, anyone?) squarely on the head.

#34 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

A '29 Roadster body with optional Duvall windshield.

I know an A on Deuce rails is a common thing to do in the real world, but for those of you yearning for another Revell '32 Ford-based variation, would a Model A roadster/coupe/sedan on the existing Revell Deuce chassis (frame, suspension, engine/trans) satisfy you?

#35 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Yup. Very much so! And perhaps a chopped coupe, or a cabriolet?

#36 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Now that I think of it, Revell shouild make an 'AV8' highboy - a Model A Ford roadster, preferably 1929 since body is much more noticeably different from a 32, with a 32 grill on 32 chassis with a hopped up flathead V8 with offy heads. I-Beam axle and quickchange rear end are welcome. I think that would be a good idea, building an AV8 without having to kitbash 8 different kits for parts.

#37 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Is this one next ? It should be.

McMullenroadster_1500.jpg

McMullen roadster is probably be the best idea for a 32, but only if they make it with correct I-Beam front end and correct quickchange rear end.

#38 my name is nobody

my name is nobody

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Full Name:I.B. outtahere.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'm still looking for a couple of two door sedan kits that Revell makes.

never seen any in person.

so, I decided to drag home a real one:

103_1797.jpg

251742_4342076386691_87755779_n_zps46188

now I have to decide what to do with it, the 1936 Ford V8 Frame I found with it,

and all the other cool pieces I brought home.

but still want a couple of kits to build before I do the 1:1 so I can try a couple of ideas

in scale before I start hacking and whacking on the real one.

#39 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I voted for the pickup, but I'd be happy with any of them...IF and ONLY IF a stock build option is available.

I agree with Bill's call; stock with up-gradable components to period-correct rods is crucial to have any real further sales success.

Charlie Larkin

#40 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Chuck, this is my fav 1:1 32 Tudor. Just an idea...

http://www.streetrod...an/viewall.html