Have any of you ordered a set of the 7 spoke GT500 wheels?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Full Name:ken koester

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

This is what I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c67579601

But, for those of you who are considering these, they are not a whole wheel . They are more like a 7 spoke hubcap. Nice detail, but only the very top of the outer wheel side with no way to mount without the kit wheels from the Revell GT500 I guess. I do not have the kit, but was going to update the wheels on my custom 1/12 '65 Mustang. If any of you have extra stock wheels from the kit I guess I might need to buy some from you or ??????

Edited by deja-view, 05 October 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#2 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

You should have seen that they didn't come with the back portions, as evident in the photo where he places them on the wheel backs mounted on the sprue tree (makes sense when you think that since he made them to work with the kit wheels, he wouldn't have to make the backs and most people looking for this would have the kit already). Regardless, I'm sure you'll find someone that will sell/trade them to you (post a wanted ad if you haven't already).

Edited by Jordan White, 04 October 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#3 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

You should have seen that they didn't come with the back portions, as evident in the photo where he places them on the wheel backs mounted on the sprue tree (makes sense when you think that since he made them to work with the kit wheels, he wouldn't have to make the backs and most people looking for this would have the kit already). Regardless, I'm sure you'll find someone that will sell/trade them to you (post a wanted ad if you haven't already).

To me, they looked like they had depth and included the rear portion of the wheel. Anyway, I can't use them without the rear half, and maybe the Revell tires. They are very nicely done, though, with better detail than what I see in kits. I hate to send them back, so if anyone wants them I'll give 'em up at what they cost me.

#4 brodie_83

brodie_83

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Full Name:Brodie Nyrud

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Email Revell and tell them that you misplaced yours in your GT500 kit and they will send you them free of charge.

#5 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

Email Revell and tell them that you misplaced yours in your GT500 kit and they will send you them free of charge.

The seller suggested that, I did, and Revell sent me the back halves of the wheels. I also asked for tires and didn't get those, though.