Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fastest Street Legal Car In The World For Sale!

Its a chap called Andy Frost, with Red Victor 1. As maltsr's link. Google Red Victor 1

It started off many many years ago as a 4 door Vauxhall (UK equiv to GM) Victor. Its been through many engines & rebuilds to what is it now. Totally nuts, BUT its street legal. I've seen it run & its as mad as a box of frogs !

Tho, for me it was at its best when it looked more of a normal car, but still ran a twin turbo BBC !

Also looks like somebody made a model of it.

post-6734-0-40684400-1349712419_thumb.jp

post-6734-0-38196100-1349712491_thumb.jp

post-6734-0-65019300-1349712536_thumb.jp

Its a chap called Andy Frost, with Red Victor 1. As maltsr's link. Google Red Victor 1

It started off many many years ago as a 4 door Vauxhall (UK equiv to GM) Victor. Its been through many engines & rebuilds to what is it now. Totally nuts, BUT its street legal. I've seen it run & its as mad as a box of frogs !

Tho, for me it was at its best when it looked more of a normal car, but still ran a twin turbo BBC !

Also looks like somebody made a model of it.

I think thats the one I was thinking of.

Edited by moparmagiclives

so does that english car get its MOT yearly or whenever its due? as i understand it if a car will pass that it is in pretty excellent shape because they dont fool around at the licensing agency like they do in the states where you can get around just about anything if youre clever enough.

as mad as a box of frogs !

I love it! May I steal it?? :D

Of course :lol:

so does that english car get its MOT yearly or whenever its due? as i understand it if a car will pass that it is in pretty excellent shape because they dont fool around at the licensing agency like they do in the states where you can get around just about anything if youre clever enough.

As far as I'm aware it has MOT & road tax. You cant get the road tax every year (like your tags) without an MOT & road insurance.

If you want a good look into Red Victor 3 (sorry Red Victor 1 was original version) have a good read through this

http://www.rodsnsods...arted-last-5064

This was started by Andy Frost, the owner.

Edited by 57peppershaker

Soooo, shouldnt it say worlds "quickest" car ?

PO-TA-TO/POT-TAT-TO

im not going to split hairs on this one.

fast/fast/

Adjective: Moving or capable of moving at high speed.

quickplural of quick

Adjective:

Moving fast or doing something in a short time: "some children are particularly quick learners".

2006 Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 0-60 mph 2.7 Quarter mile 10.7

2009 Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 0-60 mph 2.4 Quarter mile 10.1

2010 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport 0-60 mph 2.5

2011 Veyron 16.4 Super Sport 0-60 mph 2.4 Quarter Mile 9.6

2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse 0-60 mph 2.4 Quarter Mile 9.9

We cant compare a top end speed car to a 1/4 mile car, both are very different, yes, the Veyron is the fastest production car in the world, but its not a drag car, so it will get beat off the line , and it takes I think close to four miles for the Veyron to get to its top speed, I would have to look that up , and to be honest, dont care to

Edited by martinfan5

2006 Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 0-60 mph 2.7 Quarter mile 10.7

2009 Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 0-60 mph 2.4 Quarter mile 10.1

2010 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport 0-60 mph 2.5

2011 Veyron 16.4 Super Sport 0-60 mph 2.4 Quarter Mile 9.6

2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse 0-60 mph 2.4 Quarter Mile 9.9

We cant compare a top end speed car to a 1/4 mile car, both are very different, yes, the Veyron is the fastest production car in the world, but its not a drag car, so it will get beat off the line , and it takes I think close to four miles for the Veyron to get to its top speed, I would have to look that up , and to be honest, dont care to

Good points.

We need to keep in mind too that the 209 mph on the timeslip is not it`s top speed, but it`s speed at the end of the quarter mile, in which it only takes just over six and a half seconds to get there! Guarantee even with it`s current gearing, give it another 4 or 5 seconds and it will be going much faster than 209 mph. Not to mention if he was willing to gear to match the Veyron`s quarter mile times, the top speed would be *well* over the Veyron`s.

Good points.

We need to keep in mind too that the 209 mph on the timeslip is not it`s top speed, but it`s speed at the end of the quarter mile, in which it only takes just over six and a half seconds to get there! Guarantee even with it`s current gearing, give it another 4 or 5 seconds and it will be going much faster than 209 mph. Not to mention if he was willing to gear to match the Veyron`s quarter mile times, the top speed would be *well* over the Veyron`s.

i wonder what a Veyron would do on a nascar circuit?

Good points.

I bet it falls on its face at 1321 feet, the way it sets.

But it would be cool to see that car on the salt flats getting a push, really open her up with the right gearing.

• 1 month later...

I have deleted my previous post surrounding this car. It was posted in poor jugement and my apologies go out to Rod, his wife and his upholsterer. The way the post was typed was irresponsible on my part and I am truly sorry. I know for a fact that Rod's upholsterer does excellent work and I have seen said car in person and it is truly amazing in the way it is built. I know that alot of people have complained in the way Rod builds his cars and they say he destorys Corvettes but I don't see it. I have seen mutliple builds of his at car shows around the area and they have all been truly astonishing to see, not to everybodies taste but when you really look into the way they are built it's amazing. I am sure that everybody has worked hard over the years to be able to create and afford to built these amazing machines. Again my apologies go out to everyone involved.