#701 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts
  • Full Name:R. Scott Aho

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Just got this kit. And all I can say is wow! I've read this entire forum, and I understand what's wrong and what's right with kit. All in all, more looks right than wrong to me. For the most part I'm an in box builder. Adding little more than paint. And have been building this way since the mid-60s. Compared to kits offered back then, this kit is fantastic. Parts fit and look good. Details are much better that in the original kits. Things like seperate rocker panels. Decals for gauges and emblems. Show me an original '70 annual kit with this kind of detail. And I've remember lots of inacuraticies in the original annual kits. Some times from one side of car to other. Again, overall this 'cuda looks right.

Despite the inacuraticies of this or the older kits, if they look close enough I've always been happy. Growing up I got a lot of Palmer kits as gifts for Christmas and Birthdays. The flaws in the AMT, MPC, Revell, Monogram, or IMC models were nothing compared to those. Yet I build them and displayed them with my other kits. But I would never buy a Palmer kit with my own money. My point is? I love this new Revell '70 Hemi 'cuda. The body looks OK to me. The detail is much better and more accurate than I remember of old annuals kits. Body may be more correct on the original MPC kit. But I'm not 100% sure of that. I know the other small details are not as good. Yet I'd still love to own one of the originals. But, the new 'cuda is what's available now, at a price I can afford. It looks like a win-win to me.

Edited by unclescott58, 22 March 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#702 ianguilly

ianguilly

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Full Name:Ian guilfoyle

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

So I assume the upcoming sox & Martin cuda will just be this kit with new decals and a few new race pieces?

#703 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,821 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

I prepaid for the Hemi Cuda at my local hs a month ago, they said Revell is haivng delays getting more out, anyone know anything?

#704 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

I prepaid for the Hemi Cuda at my local hs a month ago, they said Revell is haivng delays getting more out, anyone know anything?

The first run of the stock '70 'cuda "2 in 1" is essentially sold out from what I understand.  

The tooling was converted over to the Sox and Martin kit version for the next assembly plant run.   When that is done, presumably they will go back and run more of the stock kit version.  

TB 

#705 Bob Ellis

Bob Ellis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Ellis

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Unfortunately, I was interested in the '57 Chevy convertible, but I caught part of the Sox Cuda.

Attached Files

• Attached File  cuda.JPG   157.85KB   2 downloads

#706 ianguilly

ianguilly

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

I'll still be in for a kit, the LHS around me seem to have the special edition 2n1 still on the shelves.

#707 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,821 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

The first run of the stock '70 'cuda "2 in 1" is essentially sold out from what I understand.  

The tooling was converted over to the Sox and Martin kit version for the next assembly plant run.   When that is done, presumably they will go back and run more of the stock kit version.  

TB

Any idea when that may be?

#708 cotto

cotto

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

I had the opportunity to attend the Mid-Atlantic NNL last week and saw this beauty on one of the tables. When done correctly, it truly is an amazing kit. Is it 100% correct? Who cares?

Attached Files

#709 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Any idea when that may be?

Someone said on another board that Model Roundup has them back in stock.....TIM 

#710 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

Someone said on another board that Model Roundup has them back in stock.....TIM 

Yes, they do..ordered a couple more from them yesterday.

#711 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,821 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

Hopefully my HS gets some in.

#712 Matt T.

Matt T.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew T.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

I had the opportunity to attend the Mid-Atlantic NNL last week and saw this beauty on one of the tables. When done correctly, it truly is an amazing kit. Is it 100% correct? Who cares?

Marcos Cruz!  I walked in to NNL East, saw that build, immediately walked into the vendor room and bought a Revell Cuda kit. it wasn't even on my radar, but when I saw that awesome build I was sold. I like the Cuda kit.

Edited by Matt T., 19 May 2014 - 04:39 AM.

#713 thatz4u

thatz4u

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Full Name:Al Rich

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

I got one today at...

Ralph's Hobbies
5208 66th St N # D,
St Petersburg, FL 33709

(727) 547-8607

He always seems to have the latest stuff & plenty of it..if you can't find it give him a call

#714 ianguilly

ianguilly

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

I got one today at...

Ralph's Hobbies
5208 66th St N # D,
St Petersburg, FL 33709

(727) 547-8607

He always seems to have the latest stuff & plenty of it..if you can't find it give him a call

Pictures? My LHS said it would be June before they get any.

Edited by ianguilly, 25 May 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#715 CALKICHI

CALKICHI

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Full Name:Makoto UKAI

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

70 cuda Box Top
Album: Revell 1970 HEMI 'cuda
18 images
0 comments

Edited by CALKICHI, 27 May 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#716 Spooky Benson

Spooky Benson

MCM Regular

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Full Name:Steve "Spooky" Benson

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:45 AM

I saw a couple of builds of this kit on another board where the builder had taken the time to sand down those grosssly oversized lumps aroud the wheel openings. It made a HUGE difference.