Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Nova SS NHRA Stock Eliminator H/S

Bruno

Very nice job !!! If I may make a couple of suggestions, Holley carb is on backwards and an HS would be a lower HP with a Quadrajet.

Nice work just the same!!

Alan :)

A 255hp 350 can run in F,G,or H Stock. As far as the Holley carb. being installed backwards.......it's not legal for Stock anyway! :unsure:

A 255hp 350 can run in F,G,or H Stock. As far as the Holley carb. being installed backwards.......it's not legal for Stock anyway! :unsure:

Yup, that's what I read in the NHRA rulebook, "G" being the natural class

And about the carb being on backwards, it is actually on the correct side, problem is that when I drilled the barrell holes and fabricated the choke tower, I did it on the wrong side :unsure:

Anyway, like you said, that carb is not legal for the Nova...

Now I was wondering what kit has a nice carb that would be correct for my Nova?

I've used Rochester carburetors from Revell Black Widow kit, they are maybe the easiest ones to get here in Finland. They're not 100% accurate, either, but much closer. In Revell '72 Olds kit, there should be correct Rochester carburetor, same thing with '86 Monte Carlo by Revell. I'm not sure about the Monte Carlo though, I have not seen one.

Thats so cool you should do how to on the fuel filter,regulater and electric fuel pump. I`m sure it would benifit alot of this guys on this site including myself.

John Pol

I soooooooo agree!

First off... I LOVE the look of this Nova! Amazing work... looks like something I would see at my local dragstrip and wouldnt mind driving/owning myself. AWESOME work man!

Yeah I would love to see a "How to" involving things like the fuel system components (filter, regulator, pump), water pump, line loc, and Cal Tracs.

Anyways... awesome work once again my man.

All scratchbuilt. Hard to explain how I did it, just found some good pics of the real things on the web and did my best to replicate them in 1/25 scale using Evergreen strips and Tamiya extra thin glue. Here's some pics of the scratchbuilt stuff I did for the Nova;

CSR electric water pump

98f415b556.jpg

Edited by Johnny Racer