#62 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Great! I like the stance & attitude. Very nice detailing.

This is looking great!!!

Kevin

Thanks guys! I appreciate your comments.

#63 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Shot the roof section with "Make it suede" paint, then covered that with flat black. Moving into final assembly.

med_gallery_8985_914_599602.jpg

#64 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Alright! I am in the back-stretch!  Here is where I left off last night. For the Chassis, I only have to mount the gas pedal, (brake/clutch will hang from under dash) and the upper radiator hose. I have to mount the rear glass in the body, and then mate them up, then add celnoid and plates.  Should be done possibly tonight, or Sat at the latest. brakes, fuel lines, airlines, all already ran. Shifter actually goes through floor and mounts to trans.

I "may" redo the grill, but I am so happy to be getting near complete, not sure.

med_gallery_8985_914_553038.jpg

med_gallery_8985_914_931550.jpg

med_gallery_8985_914_979623.jpgmed_gallery_8985_914_662522.jpgmed_gallery_8985_914_496817.jpg

#65 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'll have more pictures loaded up tomorrow at my gallery page, 

http://www.modelcars...lery&image=5685

but for now, this one is done! 

I am also posting more pictures in Under Glass. BTW, I was going to change the title of this subject to reflect the update, but I could not find how to edit the title. I have seen it done, anyone know how?

Thanks!

Happy Easter!

med_gallery_8985_914_489000.jpg

med_gallery_8985_914_140627.jpg

med_gallery_8985_914_245389.jpgmed_gallery_8985_914_349279.jpg

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark, 30 March 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#66 crazyrichard

crazyrichard

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts
  • Full Name:richard gelens

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

awsome , love the taillights !! really cool stance ..axle mounted like that is way cool :)

that roof is stunning , pipes are great .. really digging this one

in a way i think the front wheels could use something , maybe do that round center hub thing chrome or silver to break all the black .. that would make it more realistic

#67 Gluhead

Gluhead

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Full Name:It really is Gluhead

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

That came out great, Mark!

I think there's a hotlink/button hanging out somewhere when you're editing that says "full editor" click that and you can edit the entire thing, including title.

#68 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

awsome , love the taillights !! really cool stance ..axle mounted like that is way cool :)

that roof is stunning , pipes are great .. really digging this one

in a way i think the front wheels could use something , maybe do that round center hub thing chrome or silver to break all the black .. that would make it more realistic

Thanks for the input. I agree, the font wheels needed more as well. I dry brushed silver/metalic on the spokes as well to give in a more metal reflective look, but that did not translate well to the pictures. (I am horrible at photography) I may indeed go back and chrome the "cap" with foil, but I might not.  My biggest fear in doing that is that I see several things I would like to repair/change. Then the next thing you know, I end up reworking the entire project. LOL

#69 crazyrichard

crazyrichard

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts
  • Full Name:richard gelens

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

just make a deal with yourself only toutch the hub and othing else :lol:

but i know what you mean , sometimes we get to critic on our own work :P

#70 JasonFL

JasonFL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Brackney

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the input. I agree, the font wheels needed more as well. I dry brushed silver/metalic on the spokes as well to give in a more metal reflective look, but that did not translate well to the pictures. (I am horrible at photography) I may indeed go back and chrome the "cap" with foil, but I might not.  My biggest fear in doing that is that I see several things I would like to repair/change. Then the next thing you know, I end up reworking the entire project. LOL

First off i just wanted to say this thing came out great looking, you nailed it. Personally I think every little detail is just right but I was looking at what you both had said about the front rim and thought maybe if you just added a chrome trim lip around the rim and left the middle black it would match the sorta theme you got going on with the rear rim. Just a thought, either way you decided to go it still looks killer. Very nice job