3 replies to this topic

#1 006

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Full Name:Avery

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Can't find one anywhere that's factory or completed. Would love to see a single exhaust 1:1 chassis so that I can finish my project. Need to see various lines, etc. too.

Thanks!

Edited by 006, 24 October 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#2 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Actually, this should be fairly easy to research: Bear in mind that Chevrolet chassis 1955, 56 and 57 are for, all intents and purposes, identical. If one digs deeply enough with Google, even eBay, one ought to eventually come up with say, a lubrication chart from a shop manual, which would show almost all those details. In addition, Chevrolet (and probably the other automakers as well) had a habit of suspending an example of their cars suspended on end, for the purpose of taking photographs of the entire underside of the car.

I would suggest Googling for message boards which cover "Tri-Five Chevrolet's", and register on those, ask this question of the people on boards like that--I would bet that in fairly short order, someone will post up a pic showing what you want to know.

Art

#3 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,602 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Posted Image

Fuel lines, parking brake cables and hydraulic brake lines. The hydraulic line over the diff is pretty poorly done, but otherwise it's all okay....except I don't THINK the parking-brake cable should be below the driveshaft and exhaust pipe. Just begging to get torn off or fouled like that. Any tri-5 wizards out there?

Posted Image

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 25 October 2012 - 05:33 AM.

#4 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

The shop manual shows the parking brake cables under the driveshaft, same as the car pictured. http://chevy.oldcarm.../55csm0507.html