Model Cars Magazine Forum

A little paint on the Big-Block Chevrolet............

Thought I would put a bit of paint on the 1/16 Big-block Chevy pieces and see how it comes together............no real prep on the 3D printed pieces, though I did use a Scotchbrite pad (green) on the oil pan and valve covers, but just a little......otherwise, just primed and painted........good to remember here just how small these 1/16 scale parts are.......

post-4885-0-80265700-1351369443_thumb.jppost-4885-0-51804200-1351369486_thumb.jppost-4885-0-09711600-1351369537_thumb.jppost-4885-0-91780600-1351369578_thumb.jppost-4885-0-24087100-1351369625_thumb.jppost-4885-0-73674700-1351369663_thumb.jp

B)Tony, awesome stuff mate. :)

Been eyeballing all the new stuff the last week or so, and pretty sure you guys are gonna cost me a wad of cash when I give in and place another order.... :lol:

The detail on the 1/12 turbo I got just recently really blew my mind. TOP shelf work. ;)

Wow. I really can't wait for the day for 3D printing to become cost-effective and efficient so that the manufacturers can start producing kits using 3D printing. Imagine not having to remove mold lines, sink marks, pits, etc. etc.

That engine looks incredible. Great paint job too!

Joe...........I had someone else ask about an automatic, too, so I guess I should put it on my list of stuff to do.............

Alan..........these parts were done to verify that they come through the print process ok at 1/16 scale..........however, I do have stashed away a 1/16 55 Bel Air hardtop kit.........that would be a nice place for this.........

Tony

Joe...........I had someone else ask about an automatic, too, so I guess I should put it on my list of stuff to do.............

Alan..........these parts were done to verify that they come through the print process ok at 1/16 scale..........however, I do have stashed away a 1/16 55 Bel Air hardtop kit.........that would be a nice place for this.........

Tony

turbo 400 or a Glide would be cool.

Going to be ordering the 1/12 version soon. awesome stuff.

Tony-

Any SBC parts / engines available?

Marty

Marty..............the basic small block pieces are available now in the TDR catalog at Shapeways.....link in my sig.............along with the single Holley intake...........more intakes and other pieces to follow soon..........PM me if you want further info.....................

Tony