Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:18 Citroen ID19

SFRC

A friend of mine wants a model of a Citroen ID19 from 1958. Of course Solido has a model like that but the detailing is, well, not great. That is why I am using two models from Norev. This way, for instance, the bonnet will open.

The base models:

citroendsberlinenorev.jpg

citroendscabrioletnorev.jpg

The idea is to put the front end of the cabrio onto the berline.

citroenid1919581.jpg

citroenid1919582.jpg

I can't see any pictures. I remember checking out Norev diecasts when I was living in France. Man, they are nice.

My most fervent hope and desire is to see a 1/24 scale of the DS, preferably coming from Tamiya. Please, oh, please, styrene gods won't you deliver unto us a DS?

Okey, I suppose I've got the basic shape. The late DSs (as the base model) have lots of chrome trim. An early ID doesn't have those so I grinded them off. Bonnet opens and closes nicely. Now I need to work on the door gabs.

citroenid1919583.jpg

citroenid1919585.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The bonnet didn't aline properly to the doors. It was a bit short and just a bit too narrow. To different models of course. I've extended the doors a bit with putty. Also twisted the corners of the bonnet a bit so it is wider.

Also the gab between the front wings and the doors was uneven. So I grinded a bit of the doors at the top and extended the front wings at the bottem.

citroenid1919586.jpg

citroenid1919587.jpg

A bit of black paint to see where some more sanding is required

citroenid1919588.jpg

citroenid1919589.jpg

citroenid19195810.jpg

Time to get started on the interior

This is the original DS interior, very luxurious

cirtoenid19195811.jpg

An early ID has a much more basic interior. The seats are covered in basic fabric. So I first need to make the surface smooth.

cirtoenid19195812.jpg

Comming along quite nicely

cirtoenid19195814.jpg

The foor is being carpetted. It is now blue/grey so I need to spray it in dark grey later on.

cirtoenid19195813.jpg

The body is painted black and the interior in green/white

cirtoenid19195815.jpg

I'm now working on the chassis. The axles from the cabrio with the old style wheels will be fitted on the Berline chassis. Not the easiest job because they are rather different.

Anyone living in Austin, Texas?

The Citroen ID arrived today but it is damaged. The body is detached from the under carriage.

img2012122000190.jpg

I'm affraid the model will be ruined if it is send by post while it is in bits and pieces.