Model Cars Magazine Forum

My version of the Freightliner FLC

Started this one back in August, thinking I could have it done for the ITALERI Truck Contest. Should have known work and life would hinder my progress. Any way....I finished it a couple of weeks ago, but the weather has not cooperated to get good pictures, but today was absolutely beautiful, so I took advantage.

The truck is the Italeri Freightliner FLC....back dated by using AMT Peterbilt headlights. Other than the headlights, it is pretty much built as per instructions with a bunch of added details. These include: "Scale Hardware" acorn nuts x 60 for lug nut covers, "Realleather Craft snaps for hup covers, engine and chassis are wired and plumbed using small guage wire and solder, the underside of the hood was detailed using a paper towel and white glue for the insulation blanket, small chains were used to hold hood in place, aluminum tube was substituted for exhaust stacks and extensive Bare Metal Foil to detail body and door trim.

Paint is all Testors Model Masters Laquers....all the stripes are painted to match the sales brochure (Thank goodness for Tamiya tape)

I took the pictures to try and replicate the brochure in scale.....

Thanks for looking......590A.jpg

589A.jpg592A.jpg581A.jpg573A.jpg572A.jpg574A.jpg567A.jpg551A.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...