Any model release rumors going on? Anything remotely that could happen someday?

• You cannot reply to this topic
87 replies to this topic

#41 darquewanderer

darquewanderer

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Full Name:James

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

I'm very happy to be getting a new tool Beetle of any age. Hopefully the kit will be reasonable enough in price to use as a parts car for other VW bodies we currently own.  Hoping it won't be too far off in size from the tired old Revell cars.  

Still, I'm wondering out loud why nobody has done a split window in 1/24 scale!  

Looks like a split window to me. http://www.revell.co...rs/80-7461.html

#42 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

But since when did 1/16 equal 1/24???? :rolleyes:

#43 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I'm very happy to be getting a new tool Beetle of any age. Hopefully the kit will be reasonable enough in price to use as a parts car for other VW bodies we currently own.

Price reasonability or lack there-of is going to be directly attached to whether or not they elect to offer one, both, or neither kit in the North American rebox treatment. Otherwise it'll be $32 or so and a LHS/eBay kind of purchase.

#44 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Lemme see, I know quite a few things in the works that I'm not allowed to talk about yet, but here's some nuggets that I think are public knowledge by now - 

Moebius -  '71 Ford Pickup 

Int'l ProStar

56 Chrysler 300B

AMT - numerous re-issues, but a couple that have  caught my eye are a "Grumpy" Jenkins boxing of the 66 Nova and an Ohio George version of the '60 Ranchero he won as a prize for winning the '60 Nationals.  

MPC - several reissues, the couple that stand out to me are the re-issue of the 71 Mercury Cyclone w/ Donnie Allison/Wood Brothers decals and the Ohio George 67 Mustang Malco Gasser.  Oh, and the 71 Dodge Demon seems to have grabbed some interest, not to me personally...    

Fujimi has a couple really cool new garage tools sets coming out, stuff like air compressors and shop vacs, diagnostic computers, creepers and roll-abouts, all new contemporary stuff.  

We already know what Revell US & Revell AG are going to do in 2013...  but as for 2014 or 2015...   B)  All I'll say is they've got something in the works that will have folks dancing in the streets when it's announced.  And that's all I'm going to say.   :D 

edit - almost forgot -  Tamiya - Jagermeister Porsche 934 in 1/24 scale w/ PE

Edited by Brett Barrow, 18 January 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#45 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

AMT - numerous re-issues, but a couple that have  caught my eye are a "Grumpy" Jenkins boxing of the 66 Nova and an Ohio George version of the '60 Ranchero he won as a prize for winning the '60 Nationals.  

It will be interesting to see how they modify the '61 Ranchero tool.  The only real difference is the grill change from 1960 to 1961. The last issues of the kit had a Chevy V8  from the original '66 Impala kit. I just read up on the Ohio George car and it was a race support vehicle with an original 6 cylinder engine.  It was sold at auction in 2009.  Let's hope they do it right!  Some nice pix in the link below.

http://www.rmauction...arID=r134&fc=0#

#46 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

It will be interesting to see how they modify the '61 Ranchero tool.  The only real difference is the grill change from 1960 to 1961. The last issues of the kit had a Chevy V8  from the original '66 Impala kit. I just read up on the Ohio George car and it was a race support vehicle with an original 6 cylinder engine.  It was sold at auction in 2009.  Let's hope they do it right!  Some nice pix in the link below.

http://www.rmauction...arID=r134&fc=0#

It would be nice to see the Ranchero retooled w/ stock wheels and tires...if they can't provide the correct engine, at least make it a curbside..the Chevy V8 made no sense in the previous issue.

#47 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Gee, let's see, I think all of the 69 Camaro and 32 Ford variations have (or will have) been covered by 2014, so it must be something REALLY good!

Maybe some long desired new tools? Better start saving my lunch money now!

We already know what Revell US & Revell AG are going to do in 2013...  but as for 2014 or 2015...   B)  All I'll say is they've got something in the works that will have folks dancing in the streets when it's announced.  And that's all I'm going to say.   :D

#48 Dave Van

Dave Van

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Gee, let's see, I think all of the 69 Camaro and 32 Ford variations have (or will have) been covered by 2014, so it must be something REALLY good!

Maybe some long desired new tools? Better start saving my lunch money now!

The 1932 Ford has MANY models left before they 'have done them all'.......They still have 8-10 body styles to go!!!

The few things I know are coming from different manufactures will make many a folk happy for sure.......

#49 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

The 1932 Ford has MANY models left before they 'have done them all'.......They still have 8-10 body styles to go!!!

The few things I know are coming from different manufactures will make many a folk happy for sure.......

Sure would love some STOCK building options to those '32's, so I see lots of Deuce kits yet to come! Just because you don't like a subject doesn't mean it's not another persons long awated Holy grail kit.

#50 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Lemme see here:

Roadster--check

Cabriolet

Sport Coupe

3-window Deluxe coupe--check

5-window standard coupe--check

Phaeton

Convertible Sedan  (B-400)

Victoria

Tudor Sedan--check

Fordor Sedan

Station Wagon (requires a pickup radiator shell and hood though!)

Roadster Pickup

Closed Cab Pickup

Closed Cab pickup

Art

Edited by Art Anderson, 03 February 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#51 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Sure would love some STOCK building options to those '32's, so I see lots of Deuce kits yet to come! Just because you don't like a subject doesn't mean it's not another persons long awated Holy grail kit.

Craig,

Just so you know, I am not against more 32 Fords, I would rather like to see some other kits that either haven't been kitted before, need updating or are an improvement on what is out there. I, like many others, am anxiously awaiting what new stuff is coming. I feel that we are seeing a bit of a resurgence in the hobby thanks to Mobeius and hopefully it is a sign of better days for us modelers.

#52 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Mike,

I didn't mean to offend, but it seems that any time a 32 Ford, tri - five Chevy or a first generation Camaro is anounced someone complains about it stating that they want a new tool of (fill in the blank) instead. The model manufacturers can't do a complete new tool for the same money as a kit based on a previous kit where 2/3's of the kit is allready tooled so we are going to see a lot of that kind of thing. Mobeius is a good example, they are kiting severial cars out of each new tool. As as you said it's going to be better days ahead.

#53 Dave Van

Dave Van

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Stock versions of the 32, any of them, I'd buy.....but might be a tough sell to the model co's......

#54 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Stock versions of the 32, any of them, I'd buy.....but might be a tough sell to the model co's......

Just give me one and I'll kitbash the ones I want.

#55 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,786 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Lemme see here:

Roadster--check

Cabriolet

3-window Deluxe coupe

5-window standard coupe

Phaeton

Convertible Sedan  (B-400)

Tudor Sedan

Fordor Sedan

Station Wagon (requires a pickup radiator shell and hood though!)

Roadster Pickup

Closed Cab pickup

Art

Hey, Art.  Let's get thorough here.  Don't forget a dose of Double B's!  Wouldn't that be fun?

B)

#56 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Yep a double B would be great!  

Ford_truck.jpg

#57 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Mike,

I didn't mean to offend, but it seems that any time a 32 Ford, tri - five Chevy or a first generation Camaro is anounced someone complains about it stating that they want a new tool of (fill in the blank) instead. The model manufacturers can't do a complete new tool for the same money as a kit based on a previous kit where 2/3's of the kit is allready tooled so we are going to see a lot of that kind of thing. Mobeius is a good example, they are kiting severial cars out of each new tool. As as you said it's going to be better days ahead.

Craig,

No offense taken, I just thought I would toss that out there because like you said, there is always someone complaining about a lack of a 76 Buick Skylark 4 door model he wants to represent his first car!

I am guilty of collecting multiple versions of tri-five Chevies, 67-69 Camaros and 32 Fords and am looking forward to what "NEW" stuff is coming our way. I wouldn't be opposed to the model companies updating or re-working some existing kits because we all have a list of kits that with a little help and 21st Century technology, could be much better representations!

BTW- how hard was it for Revell to come up with that COPO 69 Camaro ? I think they cheated and combined parts from the Yenko Camaro and COPO Nova !

#58 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  • Full Name:Christian

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

This would be really cool.

Yes, especially if they'd toss in the decals to do Floyd De Bore's car:

FloydDeBore58PontiacPotter03-vi.jpg

Edited by Junkman, 19 January 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#59 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Holy Moly, that woud make  my day!!

Yes, especially if they'd toss in the decals to do Floyd De Bore's car:

FloydDeBore58PontiacPotter03-vi.jpg

#60 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I want the 58 Bonneville too, but a Stock Convertible!!!!!

Indy 500 anyone??!!!