71 replies to this topic

#21 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

Goodbye finally. They're all a bunch of chumps.

#22 lanesteele240

lanesteele240

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Steen

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

i wonder if rachel will have her own spin off?

one could only hope. i think JR had her customized too

#23 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Almost a decade too late, how many un-rideable "Tribute to cheap beer" bikes can a crew of soap opera rejects build anyway. I would watch a comedy special to see them try to ride some of those "bikes" cross country without a chase truck thoe.

#24 Gluhead

Gluhead

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Full Name:It really is Gluhead

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

I had no idea it was still on, so I'm double surprised.

#25 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Ever since it became more about the drama than the work, I lost interest. No loss in my book.

#26 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

it was never about the work, they are hacks.

#27 southpier

southpier

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Full Name:joe smythe

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

one could only hope. i think JR had her customized too

;)

#28 Big Daddy

Big Daddy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Full Name:daryl turner

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Finally , haven't watched it for a couple years now way to much drama

#29 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, if it had been about magic guys building magic bikes instead of overpaid morons acting like 5-year olds, maybe I'd care. Make that 2-year olds.

#30 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Almost a decade too late, how many un-rideable "Tribute to cheap beer" bikes can a crew of soap opera rejects build anyway. I would watch a comedy special to see them try to ride some of those "bikes" cross country without a chase truck thoe.

To be fair, they were pretty much all rideable. Majority were built for companies who would just show them off at their headquarters or at events anyways, so they had to be more show than go.

#31 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

To be fair, they were pretty much all rideable.

Depends on your definition of rideable, across the street to a chiropractors office is not a ride, a 600 or 700 mile day is a ride.

#32 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

You guys are overlooking the most obvious question of all : Who will Mikey sponge off now? Call me a skeptic, but I have my doubts about his ability to maintain his livelihood through his "artistic abilities". :rolleyes:

#33 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

no big loss, never really cared for the show, too many egos.

#34 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Depends on your definition of rideable, across the street to a chiropractors office is not a ride, a 600 or 700 mile day is a ride.

Well I don't think the companies that OCC is building the bikes for will be riding them several hundred miles much less 20 miles.

#35 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Well I don't think the companies that OCC is building the bikes for will be riding them several hundred miles much less 20 miles.

Which makes them just a bunch of poser, trailer-queen, marketing-department-writeoff, me-too-I'm-so-cool cr-p. In my humble opinion.

#36 agmaciej

agmaciej

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Full Name:Al Maciejewski

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Well, I'm waiting for that new show coming out- Amish Mafia! No kidding, it really is coming.... what a world!

#37 skysoldier46

skysoldier46

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Baskin

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

I personally am glad this show got cancelled. I hate bickering and arguing of any sort that isn't constructive.

#38 robertw

robertw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Quit watching it a long time ago because it was getting so stupid but did catch a bit of a couple of shows this year and quickly realized it hadn't improved. I won't even notice its not there and some other lame reality show is bound to take its place.

Perhaps we could interest Discovery into doing one about building models. We would have swearing when something didn't go right or we lost a part in the carpet, two modellers could fight over what color to paint a model then argue over who gets to use the good airbrush and just think of the drama involved between two judges deciding who wins the contest and the anger of the loser who figures his was the best and should have won hands down, the possibilities for drama are nearly limitless.

#39 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • Full Name:Michael R. Siesicki

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm kinda glad that it is coming to an end. The weekly arguments between Paul Jr. and Senior is what kept the show going for all these years. Everything changed when Senior fired Junior and the show changed it's name. To me, OCC's claim to fame was Junior's bike designs which came from his head, not a computer program. That is OCC's downfall with Jason and his computer. The real design is comes from your head and your heart, not some computer program. OCC's logo was designed by Paul Jr.
During the Senior Vs. Junior show, Senior was always badmouthing Junior while Junior never said anything bad about his father. It makes me wonder about the truth of these so-called "reality shows" and if they are really scripted. Watch the ending credits on some of these shows and you'll see a credit for a "writer" and I'm sure that it goes beyond the show narrator.
What I did enjoy about American Chopper was watching the bikes form from raw steel into a finished product. The painting from Nub was fantastic! The man knows how to paint!!!
People tuned in each week to watch the arguing between the Teutuls. It got kind of boring after a while, especially with Senior being so stubborn and argumentative. He always seemed to be always looking for a fight. And, I can see it all happening again as Senior and Junior start a new business venture together. You would think that with what they had endured over the last ten years would be a sign as to not to do it again. The writing is on the wall...and video tape!
I agree with Mikey's decision to leave the show. Mending fences with your father on national TV is not the way to go. This is something that should not be aired, IMHO.

#40 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Well its about darn time that show is canceled, is was less about bikes and more about the drama anyways

That's EXACTLY the way all car shows seem to me also. 5 minutes of cars and the rest of it is drama, who needs it?