Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Chopper Canceled

Almost a decade too late, how many un-rideable "Tribute to cheap beer" bikes can a crew of soap opera rejects build anyway. I would watch a comedy special to see them try to ride some of those "bikes" cross country without a chase truck thoe.

To be fair, they were pretty much all rideable. Majority were built for companies who would just show them off at their headquarters or at events anyways, so they had to be more show than go.

Quit watching it a long time ago because it was getting so stupid but did catch a bit of a couple of shows this year and quickly realized it hadn't improved. I won't even notice its not there and some other lame reality show is bound to take its place.

Perhaps we could interest Discovery into doing one about building models. We would have swearing when something didn't go right or we lost a part in the carpet, two modellers could fight over what color to paint a model then argue over who gets to use the good airbrush and just think of the drama involved between two judges deciding who wins the contest and the anger of the loser who figures his was the best and should have won hands down, the possibilities for drama are nearly limitless.

I'm kinda glad that it is coming to an end. The weekly arguments between Paul Jr. and Senior is what kept the show going for all these years. Everything changed when Senior fired Junior and the show changed it's name. To me, OCC's claim to fame was Junior's bike designs which came from his head, not a computer program. That is OCC's downfall with Jason and his computer. The real design is comes from your head and your heart, not some computer program. OCC's logo was designed by Paul Jr.

During the Senior Vs. Junior show, Senior was always badmouthing Junior while Junior never said anything bad about his father. It makes me wonder about the truth of these so-called "reality shows" and if they are really scripted. Watch the ending credits on some of these shows and you'll see a credit for a "writer" and I'm sure that it goes beyond the show narrator.

What I did enjoy about American Chopper was watching the bikes form from raw steel into a finished product. The painting from Nub was fantastic! The man knows how to paint!!!

People tuned in each week to watch the arguing between the Teutuls. It got kind of boring after a while, especially with Senior being so stubborn and argumentative. He always seemed to be always looking for a fight. And, I can see it all happening again as Senior and Junior start a new business venture together. You would think that with what they had endured over the last ten years would be a sign as to not to do it again. The writing is on the wall...and video tape!

I agree with Mikey's decision to leave the show. Mending fences with your father on national TV is not the way to go. This is something that should not be aired, IMHO.

They had their "15 minutes" (well, we all know it was a lot more) of fame; something or someone else will fill in the empty space. As with any other show if the genre, as soon as a camera is on the scene, the "reality" disappears and the drama flies. Inept employees, incorrect parts ordered, looming deadlines... whatever happened to planning ahead? (that applies to "American Hot Rod", too). I gotta say that their bikes looked good in person and they did put some imagination in their builds (er, finished products).

Several Bike Builders were on the final short list to be selected for the Series.

Artistic and Mechanical abilities were never a prerequisite for being chosen for the show.

The Tuttle family was picked for its maniacal behavior that the producers knew would draw viewers to the screen like moths.

Obviously, just from the responses here, IT WORKED.

People just can't help stopping to view a train wreck or other carnage, even though they will say they disapprove of it.

Our nation is a culture of nonsense and we are just beginning to see how terrible television is going to become.

Where are the shows of kids who actually attend school, make good grades and offer promise for the future?

Where are the shows of loving families helping one another and their neighbors?

Where are the shows rewarding people for doing good things instead of rewarding them for bad behavior?

This type programming does not exist because you can't sell Margarine, Tennis Shoes and Beer with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are being bombarded and inundated 24hrs a day with useless imagery and rhetoric designed to make us numb and unresponsive so we will allow anything to control our thoughts and actions.

If we can't think, then we won't complain.

Duck Dynasty is the only wholesome reality show on TV and it completely overcomes the attempts of left wing Hollywood to portray Southerners as Dumb White Trash. These are the people who will be around after the Big One, raising and teaching their kids and neighbors how to survive.

CadillacPat

Edited by CadillacPat

Several Bike Builders were on the final short list to be selected for the Series.

Artistic and Mechanical abilities were never a prerequisite for being chosen for the show.

The Tuttle family was picked for its maniacal behavior that the producers knew would draw viewers to the screen like moths.

Obviously, just from the responses here, IT WORKED.

People just can't help stopping to view a train wreck or other carnage, even though they will say they disapprove of it.

Our nation is a culture of nonsense and we are just beginning to see how terrible television is going to become.

Where are the shows of kids who actually attend school, make good grades and offer promise for the future?

Where are the shows of loving families helping one another and their neighbors?

Where are the shows rewarding people for doing good things instead of rewarding them for bad behavior?

This type programming does not exist because you can't sell Margarine, Tennis Shoes and Beer with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are being bombarded and inundated 24hrs a day with useless imagery and rhetoric designed to make us numb and unresponsive so we will allow anything to control our thoughts and actions.

If we can't think, then we won't complain.

Duck Dynasty is the only wholesome reality show on TV and it completely overcomes the attempts of left wing Hollywood to portray Southerners as Dumb White Trash. These are the people who will be around after the Big One, raising and teaching their kids and neighbors how to survive.

CadillacPat

Amen , brother !!

This society keeps rewarding stupidity and accepting criminal behaviour ; and , no , I'm *not* talking about petty ###### like smoking a "left-handed cigarette" or whatever .

A wise man with $100 will be more successful than an idiot with $10,000 (i.e. , the Duck Call programme you're referring to ; the former applies to them :) ).

I gotta agree with Pat. Reality TV seems to be the measuring stick of the fall of American society. I can't say that I watch any of it. I watch a few TV dramas, Big Bang Theory, the Voice and Velocity TV. That's about it.

I am a big movie watcher though.

Edited by Jantrix

I also agree with Pat. I don't watch ANY of the ridiculous "reality" shows... They are NOT real reality... just stupidly presented drama BS... I also don't watch any of the laugh-tracked sitcom shows... The last sitcom show that I actually enjoyed was All In The Family. I enjoy the History channel, Velocity, Speed (when they show something good), Football and movies... And I really wish there was a way to get rid of all the blasted commercials...!!! I am SO GLAD that the elections are over and we don't have to sit through all the mud-slinging political ads. Thank technology for the MUTE button on our remotes...!!!